Dead threads...

kthulhu
Org Profile

Dead threads...

Post by kthulhu » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:49 pm

Is it possible to set up the forum in such a way that threads older than say, a month, get automatically deleted? Or at least lock them from additional posts? There's been a recent trend of people (newbies mostly) digging up old threads that are up to two months old, for no good reason other than they have comment they were too late to put in, and it is getting annoying as hell.
I'm out...

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:51 pm

I know there's a page limit purger from experience moderating another board... don't know about time-limited though.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:14 pm

I don't think we should delete them because they could be used as a reference or to avoid another "Suicide" thread, for instance. Locking them would be a good idea I guess. But, personally, the old threads resurfacing doesn't bother me that much. I just don't look at them.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:33 pm

Yea, deleting doesn't sound like such a good idea to me. There can be useful threads to look back at, or get a laugh from. Having to tell people stop necroposting isn't that big a deal. *shrug*

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:43 am

[sweet voice]
but wouldnt' life be so much nicer if dead threads stayed dead. less annoyance. idiodicy would be kept to a minimal. and ppl would be bumping their posts less.
[/sweet voice]

[back to mean voice]
did i mention annoyance would be less?

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:29 am

*Angry contempt*
People who resurrect dead threads need to be deep fried in Crisco and served as chicken nuggets to the Soylent Green consuming swine of the world.
*/Angry contempt*
I'm out...

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”