Filezilla Client Issue

NefariousNox
Org Profile

Filezilla Client Issue

Post by NefariousNox » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 am

Hello! Today I finally got around to making an org account and I was looking around at how to upload videos to the site when I ran into an issue. I've noticed in several places on the forums people recommend filezilla fps program. However when I try to download it I am met with a notification from Chrome that it has been blocked (and after some googling I've discovered it's because one of the add on programs contains malware) and won't let me download it.

I was just wondering if there were any ways around it that anyone knew of, or alternative programs that worked as well. I really want to get feedback on the video's I've made.

Also has anyone had any problems with Filezilla? While looking it up online I came across a few forums that said it was unsecure in some instances with backdoor programs and malware able to access passwords and information. Just curious.

Thank you!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Filezilla Client Issue

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:34 am

Don't know about the blocking issue - using fresh Chrome I can get to the DL and use it quite well. Do you use some antivirus or antimalware software? It might be a bit overly sensitive...
I can link the direct SourceForge DL right here (they link to there from the site, it's the official exe file), maybe it'll work for you that way: http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezil ... wnload.php

Alternative programs are everything that can manage FTP upload - you can use Windows explorer (but it's a bit of a hassle), you can use programs like Total Commander which has FTP prompt, and others.

And yes, viruses and malware can exploit FZ, but that's mostly due to how it uses the passwords - they are saved in a way that you can export or recover them, so if you get a virus or malware, they can recover them like you would. But if you use it for AMVs only, it shouldn't matter anyway - passwords on The Org are issued for a short amount of time only (about 1 hour or 1 day, I think), so even if you leaked them, it wouldn't hurt. And there's nothing in the folders you get access to anyway (besides your video if you upload it).

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”