About Donating

BJbear2001
Org Profile

About Donating

Post by BJbear2001 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:19 pm

1. Please clarify the penalty that AMV incurs from Paypal donations.
IE: I didn't know what to do so I'm donating $1 via Paypal, which is not penalized according to PP, but penalized according to AMV.

2. Please clarify the pledge frequency.
IE: I didn't know what to do so I'm donating $1 per month. The PP reciept says annual while AMV says monthly; but also, common sense says monthly.

3. Please clarify an amount that is acceptable via Paypal that is also less than twelve U.S.A. dollars per month.

4. Is the recipient amvorg@hotmail.com the correct recipient.

5. I didn't find these answers in the FAQ, can someone put the info there or somewhere in plain sight?

Thanks.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: About Donating

Post by Kariudo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:58 pm

*DISCLAIMER*
I was an admin, but have retired and am no longer formally part of the administration for the org. I highly doubt any of the information I'm posting is inaccurate, but it does not necessarily reflect the views of the current administration. You may want to wait for a member of the current administration to verify my information.

*/DISCLAIMER*

Paypal does charge fees for donations, at least that was the case the last time that I checked. Paypal doesn't charge a fee for certain transactions (like cost-of-living, ie. sending rent to your landlord), but donations still pay the fee. It's the standard $0.30 USD + 2.9%, which for $1 comes out to $0.33. Thus, the org would get $0.67. Donations to registered 501(c)(3) organizations incur less fees, but unless I'm mistaken, the org is not a 501(c)(3).

The monthly pledges just send out a reminder for you to make another donation via paypal. The donation system does not (at time of writing) use the "Recurring Payment" part of paypal's API.

Any amount of money is appreciated, though $12 per year is the de facto standard. The org gets more of the donation if you do it all in one shot ($11.64 vs $8.04). In the end, though, I can't stress enough how important smaller donations end up being. I think the only thing a total donation of $12 gets you is a 300MB file upload limit for AMVs hosted locally.

Yes, amvorg@hotmail.com is the correct recipient. It is a remnant of how donations were handled in the past (which according to the source code for the org, was at one point different for cash and credit card donations).

Yep, pretty much all of the FAQ, About Us, etc... information is horribly outdated.

Hope that answers your questions.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Re: About Donating

Post by GloryQuestor » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:53 am

Everything above is correct.

If you have any further questions about donations, many of the most common were answered in this thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 15&t=89437

Anything not there, feel free to send me a PM and I'll answer it as best I can.

Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”