Got a question

Bluedramon
Org Profile

Got a question

Post by Bluedramon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello, I'm new here. Well kind of. I had an account for over a year but never did anything with the account.

Anyway, my question is what kind of footage is allowed here? I've been informed it's anime only, but then I read something about video game footage. Also, are only completed works allowed here?

Bluedramon
Org Profile

Re: Got a question

Post by Bluedramon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Oh nevermind, sorry. The reason I asked was because I tried looking in the rules part of the site, but it mentioned nothing about the videos, at least not what I was looking for. I found the answers to both my questions looking in a different part of the site. I apologize. ^^;

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Welcome to the org!

+edit: I'm still gonna post this, because I still think there's some information you'll find helpful.

We welcome videos using all kinds of footage (well...there is a rule against explicit sexual images and excessive graphic violence) as long as more than half of the video is footage from "anime".

We define "anime" as:
  • Shows that are under the control of a Japanese company
  • Cutscenes/FMVs from video games under the control of a Japanese company that are in the "style and spirit" of anime
Original animation in the style/spirit of anime is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. A popular example is Greed vs Envy
I do believe that we allow Japanese manga (ie. created and drawn by a Japanese person) as "anime" if it's given some degree of motion (ie. not a slideshow)

We strongly encourage creators to only enter video information after the video has been completed, and uploading betas is not allowed. However, the Opinion Exchange is a place where you can post your works in progress (uploaded to youtube, or some file sharing site) and ask for feedback.

Bluedramon
Org Profile

Post by Bluedramon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks!

Hmm would Okami count as "anime"? It's based heavily on japanese mythology, and I think it was created by a japanese company, although I could be mistaken about that.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:02 am

Yes, Okami would count as anime. It hasn't been entered into our anime database yet, but it's relatively easy to do so when entering video information.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”