Private Topic vs Private Message

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.

Private Topic vs Private Message

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:45 am

Is there any way to bring the PM system to a more modern interface standard of threaded messages? Underneath every PM there is a standard "topic" view of the conversation thus-far, so why can't the user's inbox be cleaned up to only show a single thread (topic) for each conversation? Hell, web-mail finally figured it out, hasn't PHPBB? I don't need to see 30 messages in the inbox that are for the same conversation, and I shouldn't need to add all the people back in to a group discussion every single time I make a new message.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Private Topic vs Private Message

Postby Kariudo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 am

Doesn't look like phpBB is considering it, and I'm not finding any mods for that.
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Re: Private Topic vs Private Message

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:19 pm

I looked around their boards before I posted and was just hoping that I was getting search terms incorrect and just not finding it. Did they actually say they were not going to do this? This was something other php based forum software had years and years ago. It's exceedingly useful - I don't see why it'd be actively dismissed.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Return to Site Help & Feedback