Problem with uploading

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Problem with uploading

Post by AimoAio » Tue May 01, 2012 10:54 am

Okay so I was trying to upload a MEP this morning, left it for a while, came back and saw it failed. (no idea why) But then I got the confirmation screen appearing.

"You currently have an upload pending confirmation. The link to confirm uploads can also be found in the "Editors" section of the menu. If you forgot your ftp information, click here."

So I clicked it. And it said the server can't find my file. So I got the ftp information and tried reuploading the file since it said there was no file uploaded yet. But whenever I connect to Filezilla and try dragging the video file over, it says Critical File Transfer. Response: 552 STOR denied: quota exceeded: used 190.56 of 154.00 upload Mb

Any idea how to fix this?

FTP Info
Spoiler :
Video
Title The Fame Monster
FTP
URL ftp://doclevabut:clophudred@Kero.AnimeMusicVideos.org
Server Kero.AnimeMusicVideos.org
User [removed]
Password [removed]
Status
Error No file uploaded (yet?). Please upload one.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Problem with uploading

Post by AimoAio » Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

Oh and I checked the video file, it's only 134MB. (Although it says 140.6MB on Filezilla) But the upload limit said it was 150MB so that shouldn't be what caused the problem right? :uhoh:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue May 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Posting the username and password is pretty much never a good idea, even in spoiler tags, so I've removed them.

That aside, you should cancel the upload request and make a new upload request for the video. The failed upload probably made the system not reset the thing that keeps track of how much has been uploaded.

The difference in filesize that you're seeing in filezilla is because of the difference between megabytes (MB, the number your OS is showing) and mebibytes (MiB, the number that filezilla is showing). 1 MB = 1.048576 MiB, and 134 * 1.048576 = 140.6-ish. The upload system works in mebibytes (MiB) inernally, but the upload limit is chosen in such a way that it turns out to be 150 megabytes. Bottom line, if your OS says it's under 150 MB, it'll work.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Oops sorry about that. :sweat:

And that worked a charm, it seems to be fine now. :D The test download also looked good. Thanks! ^^

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”