This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Twilight prince
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:08 pm
- Status: 1924 bots banned and counting!
- Location: Los taquitos unidos
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (Xbox 360) is in our database as non-anime, so that's why your video is not showing up in the drop-down box
- The Absolute Mudman
- Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 am
- Status: （」・ワ・）」（⊃・ワ・）⊃
- Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Shouldn't it be allowed? Assuming the video mostly uses cutscenes and such, it should be fine, as the Castlevania series is by Konami and thus Japanese...
- Moderation Hero
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:59 pm
- Status: Always around, creating more AMVs. :)
- Location: Cane Ridge, TN
mirkosp wrote:Shouldn't it be allowed? Assuming the video mostly uses cutscenes and such, it should be fine, as the Castlevania series is by Konami and thus Japanese...
The main reason is our written rule on the "Enter New Video" page:
2. The video is an anime music video. For the purposes of this site, an anime music video is defined as a music video where the majority of the footage comes from anime. For the purposes of this site, anime-style video game cut scenes (such as Final Fantasy) are considered "anime".
If you look at the screenshots for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, it's definitely far from what is consider the "anime" style.
Also, while the majority of the series was developed by Konami, this particular one was actually under full development by a Spanish developer, MercurySteam. Even though Konami distributed it, other than an advisory role, neither they nor Hideo Kojima took any active hand in its production. So, it isn't really a Japanese-based game nor was it under the direction of a Japanese studio. This is most likely why it's not vaild in our media database.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests