Troubles with searching website

Topaz Kat
Org Profile

Troubles with searching website

Post by Topaz Kat » Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

I use Mozilla Firefox (latest updated version, but this has been a problem for a long time now) and every time I do any kind of search in a-m-v.org (whether by musician or Anime-it doesn't matter) my browser will freeze until the only thing I can do is exit out of the browser completely (I can't close a tab or anything like that). This makes it extremely difficult to navigate the website in any way as the browser will freeze until it just stops working. I have cookies enabled, but I don't know what is going on here. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: Troubles with searching website

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue May 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Can you provide some more details? When does it freeze? When you enter the page, when you click the button to start the search, or some other moment? That is probably pretty important, to locate the place where it freezes so it can be fixed ^^

Topaz Kat
Org Profile

Post by Topaz Kat » Tue May 10, 2011 9:23 pm

For instance, if you are in the "search by musicians" section, and select a letter, say "B" there is a long delay but eventually the page will finish loading and the musicians under "B" will show up. But, if you select "Billy Joel", there will be a long delay and if you try to select again, the page freezes. Additionally, if you manage to get through looking at a current selection and try to go to a different letter, say from "B" to "L" the page freezes and then I get an error message saying that Firefox has stopped working and must shut down.

I hope that helps, if there is more I can say to clarify, please let me know.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue May 10, 2011 10:41 pm

It might be that your computer just can't handle it. Searching by anime and artist has to load a list containing every anime or artist in the catalog. The number of artists is around 23,600...so it'll take some time to process.

does supersearch cause trouble as well?

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”