Definition of Anime for AMVs - Feedback

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Re: Definition of Anime for AMVs - Feedback

Post by SQ » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm really late to the game here, but why are we debating the definition of anime right now?

As far as I can remember, and especially now, the catalog has always, and will always, be filled with non-anime. Nothing has ever stopped anybody from entering in whatever they want. Would this change? No? Then why bother with this debate?

Are we talking about the local uploading priveledges? If so, then I think the definition is fine as it is in the first post, and everything else should be settled on a case-by-case basis, as I believe is already the case. There are several places online that will host files for you-- they don't need the golden donut (do we even still call it the donut?).

Me, personally, I'm of the opinion that we should banish this whole anime/confirmed anime/non-anime shit alltogether because it just makes choosing an "anime" source very difficult and frankly looks kind of ugly. Then, if you go to upload the video onto local, keep the warning page about "this is considered not anime and so you can't upload it. Use XYZ service instead."
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:54 pm

SQ wrote:I'm really late to the game here, but why are we debating the definition of anime right now?

As far as I can remember, and especially now, the catalog has always, and will always, be filled with non-anime. Nothing has ever stopped anybody from entering in whatever they want. Would this change? No? Then why bother with this debate?

Are we talking about the local uploading priveledges? If so, then I think the definition is fine as it is in the first post, and everything else should be settled on a case-by-case basis, as I believe is already the case. There are several places online that will host files for you-- they don't need the golden donut (do we even still call it the donut?).

Me, personally, I'm of the opinion that we should banish this whole anime/confirmed anime/non-anime shit alltogether because it just makes choosing an "anime" source very difficult and frankly looks kind of ugly. Then, if you go to upload the video onto local, keep the warning page about "this is considered not anime and so you can't upload it. Use XYZ service instead."
this is true anyone can upload anything they like i know i would but the site just doesn't let you when half of everything is crossed off and if you load a video into though's crossed off sections the site doesn't even recognize it no ftp info nothing.

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:13 pm

i personally think all animation should be allowed except kids stuff like spongebob because there are american stuff that are just as good as any anime teen titans,avatar,2003 tmnt,2003 the batman,thundercats 2011, 2006 fantastic four worlds greatest hero's,wolverine and the x men, x men evolution,spiderman unlimited & many more should be allowed there all anime inspired shows.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”