Badge Contest

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:23 pm

danielwang wrote:What the hell are the app specs? Do we have to leave space for the horizontal slot punch, is there a polychem, dye sub or thermal laminate? Do we draft this on a cam plotter or normal printer?

Last time I designed a badge, I had angry attendees yelling at me over the phone and of course dozens of broken printers and inked up keynotes...

Which would work better:
--------------------------------------------
|....................punch........................|
|.....................................................|
/\/\/\/\/\

or a vertical card?

-----------------------------
|.............punch.............|
|...................................|
|...................................|

To made this badge look cool, can we allow for opalescent paint, holofoil or uv/glow imprint? I have it....

Do we each make our own or buy them?
Are thee/should there be
specifications to make sure they all look the same?

I really don't want thousands of different loking badges at the next con I go to... inkjet, color laser, copied, etc...
Dude, these are being made for peole to print on there home PC. Your not making ID tags for the FBI. Perspective my frind, perspective.
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

hackerzc
Org Profile

Where are they?

Post by hackerzc » Tue Jul 23, 2002 9:34 pm

Well it's about 10:34 here Phade. Have you finished judging the badges yet?
John Westbrook

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:56 am

yah well i submitted mine to get to him Tuesday morning... for him it's about 4 hours late but don't forget... TIME ZONES!!! I'm sure right now, it is still Tuesday in some other country around the world and we are at the opposite side of GMT... allow for plus or minus 12 hours LAG.

::sarcasm::
No wait, I forgot. All the a-m-v.org visitors are american! No really! We don't have ANY european visiors!
::/sarcasm::

So it better be here by thrusday. or hes busy l88king @ all those damn last minute submissions. got to love those. although i cant say im not guilty of the same. hehe.

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:15 pm

danielwang wrote:yah well i submitted mine to get to him Tuesday morning... for him it's about 4 hours late but don't forget... TIME ZONES!!! I'm sure right now, it is still Tuesday in some other country around the world and we are at the opposite side of GMT... allow for plus or minus 12 hours LAG.

::sarcasm::
No wait, I forgot. All the a-m-v.org visitors are american! No really! We don't have ANY european visiors!
::/sarcasm::

So it better be here by thrusday. or hes busy l88king @ all those damn last minute submissions. got to love those. although i cant say im not guilty of the same. hehe.
Actually is is not Tuesday anywhere in the world. It is however Thurdays in some parts like Japan(remember, we are behind the rest of the world).
John Westbrook

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:59 pm

Hey Phade.......where are the results fo the badge contest....i am leaving tomarrow for bmore and need to make mine before i leave.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:37 am

no not today dammit... i couldn't be THAT late!!!

actually, the dealine was monday. so my email was sent tuesday morning at around 4,5, or 6 o-clock. but we have to take into consideration time zones. legally in previous cases the time zone of the contest admin is used, so that would be approx 2-4 hours late. however with international participants it usually is GMT... which gave me another hour.

Do we have ANY users heve from jpan? oh commeon...
we ALL are from the same time zoned as phade is? in virginia?

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:47 am

welll....its too late now.....since i am leaving right now....i had to resort to other methods to fashion a badge.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

danielwang
Village Idiot
Org Profile

Post by danielwang » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:18 am

well anyway, Phade is taking his time in selecting a badge for this year.

after all, it's a-m-v.org and it has to show on our members, it better look good. im betting he is printing them again and again under different conditions to ensure that the badge will go the distance in any production situation...

I'm talking to F@$TSIGNS and other dealers to-day about PVC cards... they prolly req.d- a minnie order. If anyone wants to get a pvc card maybe pool together cost for 100-card order? Or maybe phade has something set up alradies. I can print 1000 business cards color that are badge templates, then type in names and lamiate (buy the machine ofcourse), then share the costs... I'm getting them from OfficeMACKS jsut so you know,

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:25 pm

Phade

Any word on a winner? Some people have already left for Otakon. I need to know if I should just make my own badge and hope people recognize it. ^^;;
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jul 25, 2002 5:45 pm

I think Phade might be kinda busy moving house right now. Well, he's moving soon so I'm guessing this is the reason for his current absence.

Return to “Site Announcements”