2009 Logo Contest - The results are in!

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Re: 2009 Logo Contest - FINAL VOTING (ends August 23)

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:28 am

Well, look at that - the one I picked won. Contrasts like woah with the forum color scheme, but i still like it.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DriftRoot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:11 am

Congratulations to Pink Haze! :D This is definitely one of the more original and professional-looking designs to be submitted and I'm glad the majority liked it as well!

My submission this year would be this one. I was on kind of a cube kick recently. Yes, it has nothing visually to do with music OR anime OR music... 'cept for the AMV and the AnimeMusicVideos.org parts. ^_^
ImageImageImage
DriftRoot

Postby Elcalavero » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:37 am

The new logo fucking sucks. :down: but Im happy that someone other than Nya-Chan...won.

Congrats Pink Haze
Elcalavero

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am

ta-da! love it :up: congrats Pink Haze!
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby godix » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

elcalavero wrote:The new logo fucking sucks. :down: but Im happy that someone other than Nya-Chan...won.

Let me guess, the new logo isn't filtered enough for you to like it?

Nya-chan just doesn't want to sleep with you. Get over it. No reason to hold a grudge. Hell, one would think you'd be used to women rejecting you by now.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Bakadeshi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:40 am

only complaint I have with this logo is the AMV is a little hard to read, in willen's avatar it just looks like a color blob ;p, wheras the last one you could read easily still. But congrats on the win, its real smooth looking otherwise, and I think I like it best out of the choices that I have seen. and I agree with Jadzia, colors look fine with the subsilver theme
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby NS » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Yep I guessed right. I like it. Kinda has a little bit to much going on, but at the same time it's completely fine.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby Dar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:44 pm

WHO MADE THE EYE ONE ????
Dar
yuri addict

Re: 2009 Logo Contest - The results are in!

Postby Elcalavero » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Your time is up old man.

The sig below explains it all.(Im keeping the old logo)
Elcalavero

Postby rubyeye » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Not a bad choice. It was one of my final picks. I liked the design "concept" and color choice, but wasn't too keen on what the silhouette head is supposed to represent. A pop-idol singer perhaps? BTW, is there someplace where we can view/download the past logos the .org has had? I think it was posted before.
rubyeye

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm

i dig the entirety of the logo as well as the details. it flows, is well balanced but not symmetrical, easy to read, dynamic color choice, and contains all elements of what this site represents. i'm very impressed, Pink Haze. i think this is the best logo this site has ever had.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:41 pm

I wish the blue banner at the top of the page was a lighter orange than the logo's in the skin, but it looks nice.

Not my choice, but still good irregardless.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby mirkosp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:46 pm

Simple question that I feel like asking - chances of getting the logo for the forum with a red tint like we did for the 2008 logo? I liked the way that the red looked on the blue of the prosilver skin... wondering if it's possible to do so with this new one too. :)
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Willen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:48 pm

rubyeye wrote:Not a bad choice. It was one of my final picks. I liked the design "concept" and color choice, but wasn't too keen on what the silhouette head is supposed to represent. A pop-idol singer perhaps? BTW, is there someplace where we can view/download the past logos the .org has had? I think it was posted before.

If you just want to see the old logos that the site used through the years, you can just look at all the banners. (Oldest banners are here, currently. This link will point to newer banners eventually.) Or here's Jasper's post from the last contest with the older logos, which obviously doesn't include the 2 latest ones: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=88945&start=15.

If you want to see all the older logo contest submissions from previous years, I think there was a post that linked to them, but I'm too lazy to search for it.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby jasper-isis » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm

mirkosp wrote:Simple question that I feel like asking - chances of getting the logo for the forum with a red tint like we did for the 2008 logo? I liked the way that the red looked on the blue of the prosilver skin... wondering if it's possible to do so with this new one too. :)

Anybody got a copy of the old one? I don't remember what shade of red it was...
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements