2009 Logo Contest - The results are in!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: 2009 Logo Contest - The results are in!

Post by Willen » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:52 am

DriftRoot wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:
Comparing the two logos side by side, how does last year's look "more mature and serious" and less angry and more reserved than this year's? Are you saying I/my logo are "old" and need to step aside for the younger, hipper crowd?! :|
He's referring to the community not the logo itself.

Pwolf
I'm AWARE he's referring to the community's vibe, however Pas said
Thanks to Driftroot and pink haze for creating the logos to base these character off.
and I was attempting to follow-through on this statement by jumping to conclusion that the characters therefore bore some resemblance to the logos above and beyond being blue and orange-based, respectively. :| Guess I didn't make that part clear enough.
This is my take on the subject; and since I have nothing to do with the logos or -tans take my thoughts with heaps of skepticism. The 2008-09 logo is blue, which is generally thought of as 'cool' and associated with more mature or aloof characters (examples: Rei from Evangelion, Tabitha from Zero no Tsukaima, Natsuki from My-Hime, Yue from Negima!, Ami from Sailor Moon). The primary color of the 2009-10 logo is orange, which is though of as 'warm' or 'hot' (related to red) and associated with less mature, spontaneous, hot-blooded, often argumentative characters (examples: Asuka from Evangelion, Mai from My-Hime, Asuna from Negima!, Nami from One Piece, and of course, Ichigo from Bleach).
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:59 am

Am I the only one getting a weird error when trying to open the .tiff in photoshop? I gotta use the .png >_<

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 pm

mirkosp wrote:Am I the only one getting a weird error when trying to open the .tiff in photoshop? I gotta use the .png >_<
Works here.
Image Image

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:19 am

I'm curious as to if the right side of the logo was meant to look like a face or if it was done without even realizing it. Not really a bad thing just weirded me out the first time I noticed it after looking at it a few times.

Also, them are some hawt drawings pas, I like this years version though cause she looks more punkish even if her attitude as you've described isnt to my liking. Now if only she had some chains, a collar and maybe a few tiny tatoo's or webbed stockings on those long legs... :oops:

I came. Thrice.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:41 am

Eva-Fan wrote:I'm curious as to if the right side of the logo was meant to look like a face or if it was done without even realizing it. Not really a bad thing just weirded me out the first time I noticed it after looking at it a few times.
I'm pretty sure it was intentional... That's how the anime aspect of AMV is incorporated into the logo. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be singing too.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:07 am

gotenks794 wrote:I'm pretty sure it was intentional... That's how the anime aspect of AMV is incorporated into the logo. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be singing too.
Ack, that makes sense. For some reason I just thought it was a shape of a fall breeze and the colors were just themed for the season. Didn't even see a girl with long hair singing :sweat:. That's pretty interesting now that I think about it. I wonder why I didn't notice that at first.

/feels dumb
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 am

Scintilla wrote:
Pas wrote:2008-2009 Org-tan was designed to look more mature and be more serious. I tried to stay away from making her clothing fancy as I wanted to represent the clean design of the site. She wears glasses because at the time I believed the org gave a lot of insight into what they said and the overall maturity was fairly high compared to many similar sites. Of course, I didn't really know jack about this community.

2009-2010 Org-tan is more flashy, younger and less mature. Dresses up because she cares more about visuals. Often angry, and less reserved than her 08-09 counterpart. Of course, this is just fanart so there's nothing canon about it >_>
You could substitute "2004" and "2005" for the years you gave and still not be far off.

Of course, people who joined somewhere between when I did and when you did will probably say the same thing about other pairs of consecutive years.
maybe they should be noob-chan and grump-chan.... I like org-tan better though :o
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:57 am

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday, thanks for being such an awesome community :D

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:30 am

That is amazing. :up:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:05 am

I came, in more ways then one. Nice work pas that's amazing. Really nice shading/design work and everything. Your drawings are screaming for this to become your profession.

Return to “Site Announcements”