New Feature: Video Embedding

Corran
Org Profile

New Feature: Video Embedding

Post by Corran » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Donators can now create embed codes for their videos using the following page. A link to the page can also be found in the members menu under the Editors category if you are a donator and have streaming features enabled.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... erator.php

You may need to press Ctrl+F5 before the page works right since I had to update the site's stylesheet. Hopefully the options and usage of the page are self explanatory. If you encounter any problems or have questions please ask them here.

-----------------

Update: The embed generator has been updated to generate bbcodes for embedding in this forum. Using this you can embed your own videos in forum posts, assuming you have access to this donator perk. Note: the same limitations that apply to normal embeds apply here. When an embed is viewed, view count can not be updated and the requirement for users to provide a star rating can not be enforced. You should weigh that fact before using the feature.

If you've used the embed generator recently, you may experience issues with the new feature if your browser has cached the old javascript file. To resolve this, you need to press ctrl+F5 while viewing embed generator.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re: New Feature: Video Embedding

Post by LittleAtari » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Cool feature is cool. I just logged into my myspace account for the first time in like a year just so I could try it out. I didn't even leave it, I just wanted to see how it looked and stuff XD

I was wondering, are you guys thinking of adding the Org logo to the player and/or making it so that if the person viewing the video would be redirected to a download? Or will this draw too much attention, even though the Org name is floating all around the internet :uhoh:

Also, before the video is played, it'd be cool to have an image from the AMV instead of just a black screen with a play button.

What about embedding other donator videos?

You give and all we do is take, take, take and then ask for more :)

Awesome feature. Keep up the awesome work. Thanks Corran, dero, whoever else is working on this stuff :up:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Corran wrote:You may need to press Ctrl+F5 before the page works right since I had to update the site's stylesheet.
I feel I should add a warning here, since I know the site staff have suggested hitting Ctrl+F5 before.

If you are running Opera, this will refresh ALL open tabs, not just the current one. Just saying.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Append please

Also, I just got this error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streaming in /usr/local/share/php/amvorg/classes/streaming.class.php on line 71
on the page: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... videos.php

Out of curiosity, will the "Bandwidth Usage" page now reflect streams as well as local downloads?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 pm

LittleAtari wrote:I was wondering, are you guys thinking of adding the Org logo to the player and/or making it so that if the person viewing the video would be redirected to a download? Or will this draw too much attention, even though the Org name is floating all around the internet :uhoh:
I don't have plans to add a logo. I personally can't stand watermarks and I think a lot of community (at least in the forum) doesn't like them either. However, the little chain link button next to the fullscreen button will open up the video info page in a new window if the viewer clicks on it.
LittleAtari wrote:Also, before the video is played, it'd be cool to have an image from the AMV instead of just a black screen with a play button.
I'm not really sure what kind of image to put. We don't have screen shots of the videos, I don't plan on coding anything to get images, and setting an image will also display a thumbnail of the image next the video in the playlist if 'display playlist' is set to 'show'. (So if we did it I would prefer images representative of the video)
LittleAtari wrote:What about embedding other donator videos?
I don't see myself working on that in the foreseeable future... With this I focused on giving users control over their own embeds. Allowing users to embed other user's videos would probably require providing some form of embedding opt-out which I really don't want to work on.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Scintilla wrote:Append please

Also, I just got this error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streaming in /usr/local/share/php/amvorg/classes/streaming.class.php on line 71
on the page: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... videos.php
Ack! fixed. Hopefully that is the only page...

Scintilla wrote:Out of curiosity, will the "Bandwidth Usage" page now reflect streams as well as local downloads?
Right now it is including streams in its calculation (and still using the local filesizes.) We'll have to fix that... Bandwidth usage for streams would mostly be an estimate. We do count the number of times a video has been accessed via streaming but we can't guarantee a video has been streamed completely.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Embedding... we're all going to hell. Just like Youtube.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am

hasteroth wrote:Embedding... we're all going to hell. Just like <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... ochsack</a>.
And you, siree, are going with us :amv:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:02 am

sweeet!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:20 pm

woo :3