The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards - Winners

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards - Winners

Post by Turbo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:46 am

About Nostromo: Don't forget about first use in AMV: 60fps + HD. So I think he's improved.

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:36 am

Surprisingly, some videos that I thought would never have a chance of winning - won. That alone makes me feel happy and satisfied with this year's VCA's :)

Congrats all! :up:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Pas wrote:Same editing style =/= same editing skill.
I don't disagree, but I haven't seen any change in his "skill" over the past year. In fact, I like both Galaxy Bounce and Magic Pad better than either video he put out this past year. How has his skill increased (or even changed)? From an editing standpoint, I think both Galaxy Bounce and Magic Pad flow better than Auriga, and at least Galaxy Bounce has an obvious point/concept. Since then his "big" videos have more or less been multi-anime-pretty-scene videos that don't have any specific point to them, other than making an atmosphere to match the song. They're great videos and I love them, but in my opinion at least, that's more of a decline than an improvement.
Turbo wrote:About Nostromo: Don't forget about first use in AMV: 60fps + HD. So I think he's improved.
This has nothing to do with editing skill, at all. I don't even know if I'd call the 60fps thing an "improvement". As for HD, really? So he can encode in HD, how should that factor in to "most improved" at all?

Listen, I have nothing against Nostromo at all. He's one of my favorite editors, and was my second choice for Editor of the Year. But the fact that he was even in the finals for Most Improved is bullshit since he hasn't changed or improved in any noticeable way in the past two years. Honestly, how much difference can you see in the way he edited Magic Pad and the way he edited Running Man? In that time, over a year and a half, nothing about his editing has improved (or worsened for that matter).

I just don't get it.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:00 am

At least Jessica won't have to punch babies.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:03 am

Woohoo! Eight of my votes were actually the winners. \(^0^)/
CrackTheSky wrote: I just don't get it.
You know, I can see where you're coming from, but a) maybe there's some innovative thing that Nostromo feels he is doing and it's not that obvious. And b) it might help to know the total votes cast for each category, so we can guess the proportion that came from the forum-users i.e. 'elite'. Not that I'm saying he doesn't deserve the award, but a number of factors could have influenced the vote, sure. Good to know the demographic.

And, thanks Jasper, for all your hard work. ^^ Really must have taken a lot, pouring over the suggestions given by people, for one thing.

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:12 am

I actually liked Running Man more than Auriga. Thought it was more fun if not a better use of effects.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:21 am

can nunchuck be credited on the winner's listing? it seems a bit harsh that he doesn't get his name in lights. he's the one who opted in, and could just as easily have uploaded the video...

etc

also: thanks jasper, we appreciate the effort you put in o:

rook2pawn
Org Profile

Post by rook2pawn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:10 am

This was my first VCA i voted in. I am really glad to see the results came out the way I was hoping they would. I especially am glad to see Twilight take so many awards, it was high art for me. I was afraid that either one of two things would happen: that Auriga would take every category, or it would take none. If you equally liked auriga and another video, then knowing everyone was voting for auriga, you would feel comfortable to vote for the other video. Anyways, i'd like to explore contributing to the programming side of things since I think there is alot that can be done to improve the way we vote. (post all that later) Great job to all the moderators and organizers!

Congratulations everyone!!

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 am

Congrats to all the winners, and big thanks to jasper and all the Org staff for making the VCA's happen. :up:
JazzyDJ wrote: I hope that the semi-final round is able to stay for next year. Because this helps me to find some of the better videos of the year, not just the winners.
I agree. There were a few videos that I may not have voted for had I not found them in the semi-final round, so I hope that this phase of the VCAs will stay in the future.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 am

Fizziks wrote:Congrats to all the winners, and big thanks to jasper and all the Org staff for making the VCA's happen. :up:
JazzyDJ wrote: I hope that the semi-final round is able to stay for next year. Because this helps me to find some of the better videos of the year, not just the winners.
I agree. There were a few videos that I may not have voted for had I not found them in the semi-final round, so I hope that this phase of the VCAs will stay in the future.

I think the same here. I'm not sure what the reason is for wanting to take them out, but I really think they do help a lot in the overall voting process.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “Site Announcements”