New Expandable Menus

Corran
Org Profile

New Expandable Menus

Post by Corran » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:43 am

For a long time, the org navigation menus have been in need of an overhaul. They were inconsistent across the site and somewhat unorganized, long, and confusing (especially for newbies). Adding more features to the site only made this worse as time went by.

Now links are grouped into categories based on the types of users that visit the org and the features that are provided. This gives us the opportunity to add more links than we previously had in the original menus. At first glance, the menus on the member page are really long. However, each category can be collapsed to hide those links. I personally find myself only using a few links daily so once the other categories are collapsed, the menu is much shorter now.

Changing menus that have been in effect for years will definitely take some getting used to. I encourage you look over the menus and familiarize yourself with the new locations of the links. We hope you appreciate these changes.

You may need to press Control+F5 before the menus will be collapsible. (Holding shift while clicking your browser's refresh button should also work.)

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: New Expandable Menus

Post by Ileia » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 am

ps guys:

The new member main page is KICK. ASS.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

SheeGee
Org Profile

Post by SheeGee » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:55 am

Ileia wrote:ps guys:

The new member main page is KICK. ASS.
totally! :D
Image Image Image

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 am

What an interesting thing to have happen while you're trying to edit your prof. I thought I either broke the internet or the .org. Or I really needed some sleep. :shock: Anyway, looked through once the shock wore off, and I'm liking it so far. (Aside from having to get used to where everything is. :P) I like how stuff on the member page, like global stats and stuff, are also collapsable. :up:
ImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 am

Change scares me :uhoh:
looks like I'm gonna have to hate you now Corran

I tried refreshing, and then ctrl+f5-ing thinking that firefox stopped before applying all of the css

gonna take a while to get used to, but I got used to the new forums in a week or so

yay for being able to make things I don't use collapsible

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:54 am

Just as a note, it might be a good idea to make the link to the members main page standout a bit more. Right now it only looks like a title for the whole menu instead of a link to the page. (mostly cause, if you're already signed in and you go to a-m-v.org, you aren't taken to the members main page, you get taken to home. It may just be a bit confusing for some people to get to the members main page since there is no obvious link in the menu anymore. (there were a few people tonight who couldn't find it *not saying names*:P ))

Other than that, I love the new menus ^o^ Good work!

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:00 am

Woot! Coding! Projects! Stuff getting done! :up:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:15 am

holy crap, you confused the hell out of me, lmao. I was all... "oh cool..." then i was all... "fuck, where is the forum link now?" >.<

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:23 am

The menus don't expand/contract for me in Firefox 3, but not IE7. Kind of funny considering the "This site best viewed in Firefox!" dealie on the front :P

Though yes, I know, it's only me. Nobody else seems to have this problem.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:28 am

Brad wrote:The menus don't expand/contract for me in Firefox 3, but not IE7. Kind of funny considering the "This site best viewed in Firefox!" dealie on the front :P
Though yes, I know, it's only me. Nobody else seems to have this problem.
1. Try Ctrl-Refresh
2. You don't have Javascript turned off, do you?
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Return to “Site Announcements”