New Expandable Menus

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Re: New Expandable Menus

Postby dwchang » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Not to be that old guy screaming get off my lawn, but can you make an option where we can make it look like the old way? I already knew how to navigate that. I know you did this to help newer folks navigate, but a good compromise for us veterans would be allowing us to *choose* which format the site is in. I've tried it a few times and still find a lot of things disorienting and not where I thought they'd be.

On a related note Eric, I've already mentioned I wish you would let it *save* my settings on how to sort videos on profiles, but you haven't done that >:O. I prefer the older way (by date oldest -> newest) and you said you'd work on it >:O. Maybe it was Tim?
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Postby Flusel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Opera works now, hey, that was fast! Thanks a lot!
Flusel

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:29 pm

One emoticon only
:up: :up: :up: :up:

Ok,it was more than one but all in all,great idea!!
Full Metal Sempai

Postby dokidoki » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Next step: make the news items collapsable please! The site has been telling me to check my spam filter for longer than I can remember :p

I made the following things collapsible: Pending Stars, Upload Stats (shown to donators only), and the "Notices" of which you speak. ("News" is the items which go away after a while) Ctrl-Refresh again 'cuz there's some new CSS blah blah blah.

And since the AMV logo in the forum goes to the members main page, the AMV logo in the main site now goes to the forum. It's like a warp pipe!
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Yay warp pipe!
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby downwithpants » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:16 pm

sweet
good work
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby Zarxrax » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:13 pm

One more thing... maybe the opinions/quickcomments/download problems could be collapsed too? My page still lists download problems from 2006 :p
Zarxrax

Postby godix » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Hmmm, VCAs start and Doki does some site coding. He must really want that Most Helpful award back from Brad.

Since I didn't say it earlier, nice job.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby dokidoki » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Zarxrax wrote:One more thing... maybe the opinions/quickcomments/download problems could be collapsed too? My page still lists download problems from 2006 :p

I was on board with the previous collapsible thing since it was pushing the other stuff down, but there's nothing below that...
But in response to your post, I made it so only download problems within the past year are shown.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

Postby Zarxrax » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:13 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:One more thing... maybe the opinions/quickcomments/download problems could be collapsed too? My page still lists download problems from 2006 :p

I was on board with the previous collapsible thing since it was pushing the other stuff down, but there's nothing below that...
But in response to your post, I made it so only download problems within the past year are shown.

:up:
Zarxrax

Postby Knowname » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:17 am

yeah speaking of navigation issues, not really an issue as there's a workaround. But why is there a keep me logged in box when you log into the site by directly going to the member page, but not one if you log in from the front page?? just a bit of a curiosity that's been irking me for years. Also I liked having the forum on site WAY back when... I know that's not possible after so long but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to have to log back into the forum when your already logged into the site. I know us vets don't really even notice this any more... just wondering. I like how many sites have a list of current hot topics or even recent topics on the members menu.

I miss the days of current top 10 videos displayed on the main page... are those days just gone now?? I guess since the main page has practically become the members page it's really a waste.

Perhaps linking the anime names to animenfo or something (hate animenfo) or music artists to last.fm profiles (even ocremix artists have .fm profiles! lol)? Is this possible?

Sick of ppl lying about their age (no this has nothing to do with pedophilia... really)... why not just ask for ppl's birthdays and have the age dealy autoupdated like myspace?
If you do not think so... you will DIE
Knowname

Postby Ileia » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Knowname wrote:Sick of ppl lying about their age (no this has nothing to do with pedophilia... really)... why not just ask for ppl's birthdays and have the age dealy autoupdated like myspace?

And you think that's a way to keep people from lying about their age? :roll:

Additionally, there's already an option like this on the forum user profile. You can choose to add your birthday, and it'll show your age.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Previous

Return to Site Announcements