The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards [OVER!]

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:20 pm

Quite a short time limit for what has become an even greater opt-in process. I'd love to see what this does to the voting numbers after all's said and done. That said - i'm still poking people to alert them.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Isn't the opt-in process the same as last year? Yeah, the deadline is pretty close, but I really didn't want to delay the contest any longer. An email will go out to all members soon.

(To clarify what I said earlier, unlike video qualifications, there is no deadline on the Voter Agreement. The voting pages will just be hidden until you agree.)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 pm

jasper-isis wrote: unlike video qualifications, there is no deadline on the Voter Agreement.
Ok then - not too much more opt-in than before then. Could still confuse some of the less observant people, but who cares about them anyways?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Since the definition of MEP mentions that the tracks are compiled into one long AMV, how long does the video have to be to be considered an MEP?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm

There's no length requirement.

Since the database can't automatically differentiate between MEPs and regular collaborative videos, I'm going to have to manually check all the nominations when they're in.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:27 pm

jasper-isis wrote:There's no length requirement.

Since the database can't automatically differentiate between MEPs and regular collaborative videos, I'm going to have to manually check all the nominations when they're in.
I may as well ask this now: is A Little Retrospect eligible to compete for Best Multi-Editor Project?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:22 am

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:

I may as well ask this now: is A Little Retrospect eligible to compete for Best Multi-Editor Project?
If it isn't I'm gonna unleash the wrath of the Raven God on the place.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 pm

MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you were the only person who did the conceptualization and editing for that video. There are multiple editors and tracks in a literal sense, but in essence you were the only editor who worked to bring this video into being. So unfortunately no, it does not qualify for the MEP category. It may not get filtered out during the nominations stage, so I will have to manually DQ it if it gets nominated for best MEP. It can still complete in other categories (like best sentimental, for example).

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm

jasper-isis wrote:It can still complete in other categories (like best sentimental, for example).
Really? Even though other people accepted collaboration, it can still compete in single video categories? :shock:

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Hmm, that is a good point. In the past we've prohibited MEPs from participating in other categories in order to prevent huge voting blocs of MEP participants that would crowd out solo AMVs. This year I was going to allow collabs as opposed to MEPs to compete in other categories because they are generally worked on by fewer people. Obviously, A Little Retrospect is the exception. What do you think?

Return to “Site Announcements”