Donations and a New Storage Server

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Coderjoe wrote:
SQ wrote:I've never clicked the pledge button because I'm afraid it'll lock me into something (probably why I complain about the falsely named "Donate page" so much) but if we do get a paypal page (Assuming we don't have one already) It'd be easy enough to say "Put username you want donation credited to in comments box" or something.

Right?
It already pretty much works this way. Go to paypal and log in. Then click Send Money, enter the donation email address (looks like amvorg@hotmail.com), enter the amount, pick "Services/Other", then click "continue". Change your payment method, if necessary, and enter the org username in the message box. If it were a donation for yourself, then you would put your own username there. if you wanted to gift it, put another username there. Then click "Send Money". Done
I meant make a page that says that. xD
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:13 pm

The whole point of the pledge system is so that people that want to send money in by methods other than paypal can and they won't be locked out of the privileges for the month or so it takes for the admins to get around to processing them. If we're still getting money this way, then keep the system the way it is, but if not, scrap it and go paypal only. simple.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:06 pm

aight... Atleast now I can say I helped for the server.

I'm still curious as to how long the site will be down for all this to happen.

If possible could we get an answer to that after you've worked everything out as to what in all your going to do?
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Eva-Fan wrote:aight... Atleast now I can say I helped for the server.

I'm still curious as to how long the site will be down for all this to happen.

If possible could we get an answer to that after you've worked everything out as to what in all your going to do?
The main site won't be down at all; video downloads on Kero will probably be down for a day or two.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:12 am

We can easily solve this hdd problem by deleting all the dbz videos.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:37 am

Lyrs wrote:We can easily solve this hdd problem by deleting all the dbz videos.
shh
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:32 pm

You know, I wasn't going to donate again until I got an answer from page 1 by, y'know, Phade - but what the fuck, here's $50. :?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Short Circuit
Org Profile

Suggestion for perks

Post by Short Circuit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm already a donor, but something I'd find really useful would be an email whenever there are new results to my "super search" criteria, or if the top N results of my search change.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:35 pm

You know in all honesty we cant keep up the "Catalog" style forever. At the rate were going it won't last long either.

I agree with the deletion of videos however there should be restrictions. It's the only way to solve an ongoing problem.

Afterall its ok to delete the video as long as the database entry remains right? Atleast with that data its still being catalog'd just without the video for download anymore.

Could easily regain tons of HD space by deleting extremely old videos with a star scale of (some number to be chosen) or less and keep the entries. If the people who are still members have noticed their vid is not on amyore and they care enough, they could just re-upload it themselves again regardless. I see no reason to keep extremely old videos on the servers for download when no ones downloading them and the aren't really worthy quality wise anyways. I'd even opt to have 2 to 3 of mine taken down while keeping the entry data.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:59 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:You know, I wasn't going to donate again until I got an answer from page 1 by, y'know, Phade - but what the fuck, here's $50. :?
You do realize now that Murphy's Law declares you'd be the first one the cops went and found. >_>

Return to “Site Announcements”