Donations and a New Storage Server

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: Donations and a New Storage Server

Post by Willen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:26 am

derobert wrote:
chronolicus wrote:I do not want streaming options on yours site , crap quality we have on boochsack , so you want that here?
We're not thinking of doing crap quality streaming like YouТube. We might be doing good quality streaming. Oh, and, if I'm not lazy, some really neat streaming too.
I'd probably only use the streaming feature as a preview for videos that I'm not sure of downloading. Now if this "really neat streaming" can magically get rid of random subtitles and fix wrong aspect ratios, I'm all for it. :wink:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:43 am

I vote no on streaming. I don't even like LOCAL, even though I contribute to its upkeep.

I think the fact that we don't stream is one of the reasons we don't really attract the attention of copyright holders to any great degree. If we started streaming...

The fact is, even with super search, finding what you want on the org is not as easy as on the tube or such places. You have to work at it, and you have to know what you're looking for. These days I don't even really use the search function; I really only download videos as they get announced on the forums. The interface of the org is intelligently functional and not made to look like it was written by programmers who interned at PlaySkool.

Streaming will either lead us to a Bad End (TM) or help hasten our journey to it.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Kionon wrote:These days I don't even really use the search function; I really only download videos as they get announced on the forums.
Same with me. :up:

chronosek
Org Profile

Post by chronosek » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:30 am

In that case you have lost thousands movies what you could watch , what are good but maybe were never announced

Odinsdragondaughter
Org Profile

Post by Odinsdragondaughter » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:36 am

I'm the opposite. I prefer to use the search functions to find what I'm looking for. What I want to find isn't likely to be announced any time in the near future anyway. ;)
Don't make me go mad Sanzo on your a$$.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:57 am

the difference between you two in this matter is how long both of you have been around

Mithroch
Location: Indiana. There isn't more than corn here. The crow lies.
Org Profile

Post by Mithroch » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:03 pm

O man... I wish I would have been paying attention for the last few months. I just spent a bunch of "gravy" money on stuffs I didn't really need. I so could have bought less and given more here. What's the $$ situation now?
I'm not rich... I just plan on dying before I retire.

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:18 pm

[quote="Kionon"The fact is, even with super search, finding what you want on the org is not as easy as on the tube or such places. You have to work at it, and you have to know what you're looking for.[/quote]

You're kidding, right? Almost every time I try to use the ewetoob search, I wind up fighting and fighting to find a video I remember having seen. In almost every one of those cases, I wind up having to remember the first video I saw and then attempt to follow the related video links I took before to get there. Even when my search terms are the exact title of the video!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 am

casual search vs search for something in specific i think?

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:34 am

AaronAMV wrote:
Kionon wrote:These days I don't even really use the search function; I really only download videos as they get announced on the forums.
Same with me. :up:
x3

Though I use Top 10% rated => Originality as well.

Return to “Site Announcements”