Donations and a New Storage Server

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:10 pm

I'd really like an edit button in more forums for folks who donate above a certain amount. Not all forums, of course, but the Help forums would be a great start. I'll be sitting there, spending an hour on a post and previewing the heck out of it to try and give someone assistance, and then realize after I post that I made a glaring error I can't fix without posting AGAIN (and potentially making another error). No doubt it's my own fault, but still...it would help me help other people if I could edit my posts in those Help forums.

marblesmarbles
Org Profile

Re: Donations and a New Storage Server

Post by marblesmarbles » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Could you try these guys for stuff to sell?

http://www.cafepress.com/

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:58 pm

marblesmarbles wrote:Could you try these guys for stuff to sell?

http://www.cafepress.com/
Phade used them once in the past. I think he wants to steer clear of them.

marblesmarbles
Org Profile

Post by marblesmarbles » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:17 am

ah bugger ... I really fancied a t-shirt.

I remember my class used the website for charities week once and it was okay

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:57 am

he's looking into his options for alternative similar sites last i checked... I posted about cafepress at the beginning of this thread, his response is there.

chronosek
Org Profile

Post by chronosek » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:32 am

i wanted add some stupid word too

I do not want streaming options on yours site , crap quality we have on youtube , so you want that here? We would watch videos one , sometimes 2 times , and if we put to faworite we will watch crap quality video 10 times for day and we will send links to friends who will watch that crap quality video too , and transfer will outcome that situation what is now , when we download watch orginal quality and invite friends to our house to watch anime and amv's together , we can do with all video crap version of quality so we do not want links to streamed versions ^^ , btw we do not want legaly issues , my 2 videos was blocked on youtube (crap)... And realy I like when that site is so simple and clearly , better option would be get payed profesional comment on video (you could even hire someone to do that) with option to automaticly send video on some contest ...

chronosek
Org Profile

Post by chronosek » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:43 am

BTW if streamed option could help for rating videos i could change my mind .... host all videos what was sended is great idea , and they should be not deleted , even if the creator die :P , should be some system to get old videos who are unknown and forgotten to watch and get more comment or quick comment what could be showed , so something like if I want some ratting or comments I have to rate some video (and could be option for random video from all) and should be some ratio , and with that ratio should be proposed that creator videos , so all who wanna get quick commend and rate should rate many others videos ...

aguelo
Org Profile

Re:

Post by aguelo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:18 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I'd really like an edit button in more forums for folks who donate above a certain amount. Not all forums, of course, but the Help forums would be a great start. I'll be sitting there, spending an hour on a post and previewing the heck out of it to try and give someone assistance, and then realize after I post that I made a glaring error I can't fix without posting AGAIN (and potentially making another error). No doubt it's my own fault, but still...it would help me help other people if I could edit my posts in those Help forums.
:up:++

Totally agree with you. I've been around here since time immemorial, and there never was an edit button, and it's really frustrating when I submit a post accidentally (and I hate double-posting, btw). I think that the forum upgrade is not complete without an "Edit Post" button... but I think this is no place to complain about that, but whatev' :lol:
See you sweat, unexpected, controversial; get used to it: things are gonna get personal...♪

chronosek
Org Profile

Post by chronosek » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:10 am

or Edit-button for all - but only with time up to 15 min after adding post ... Old posts shouldn't be changed cause would be changed context , information about changed post should be showed too

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:25 am

chronolicus wrote:or Edit-button for all - but only with time up to 15 min after adding post ... Old posts shouldn't be changed cause would be changed context , information about changed post should be showed too
This is quite possible the most awesome idea I have heard all morning.

Return to “Site Announcements”