2008 Logo Contest - Winner

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby DriftRoot » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 am

Ah yes, I just found out that's where they put it. Yay!! :D

Anyone who knows how to can also take bits and pieces from the Illustrator file and work on them in Photoshop - the catch there is that they will have to manually position all the artwork. I don't know how carefully the banner-approvers are going to be monitoring where all the little notes and things are (or if they're all there), but I would hope people don't start rearranging parts of the logo on the sly. :(

Okay, so I guess this means I need to get cracking and make some banners. lol
DriftRoot

Postby JaddziaDax » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 pm

I had to manually position the two layers in the last logo every time
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Fall_Child42 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:07 pm

Can we easily change the main page colour scheme to match?

the orange really clashes.

Some nice "Netscape" would probably be best.

maybe more blue.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:14 am

Contrast is fine too :x

Once again grats, DriftRoot! Mainly for the coulour theme, it's much to my liking. With the last logo, I changed the colour pretty much, but now I guess my "My Banners" page will get pretty much blue :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby dreamawake » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Kickass logo, probably the best looking one we've had since I've been on the site...and that's been about 5 and a half to 6 years. :up:
DZ|BSP
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby DriftRoot » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm

^_^ I went with the teal/blue because I thought the heavy black of the paint stroke was already going to make the logo quite prominent on the site. I didn't want to add yet another color on top of that which drew even more attention. As for why I didn't, therefore, go with orange, it looked weird and didn't work against the light orange background of the main page - parts of it literally disappeared and other parts were hard to see. ALSO...it turned into Halloween. Big time.

I saw one of the newly submitted banners used the logo as background art - it looks really cool!! I guess as long as the "AMV" is showing, that works. Great idea, whomever made that one! :D
DriftRoot

Postby Ghet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:41 pm

ArashinomeAMV wrote:Kickass logo, probably the best looking one we've had since I've been on the site...and that's been about 5 and a half to 6 years. :up:

just throwing that out there
Ghet

Postby NS » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:43 pm

Ghet wrote:
ArashinomeAMV wrote:Kickass logo, probably the best looking one we've had since I've been on the site...and that's been about 5 and a half to 6 years. :up:

I think he's stated before that he lurked for a long time before joining (For whatever reason)... Also, who cares and why did you have to point it out?

Just throwing that out there.
NS
I like pants

Postby dreamawake » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Ghet wrote:

This is also an account I created when I changed my name. Just throwing that out there |:
DZ|BSP
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby Ghet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:54 pm

ArashinomeAMV wrote:
Ghet wrote:

This is also an account I created when I changed my name. Just throwing that out there |:

i thought that was it, i just wasnt sure, im sorry if i came off as antagonizing

with that, i will stop being off-topic =/
Ghet

Postby LivingFlame » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:02 pm

DriftRoot wrote:I saw one of the newly submitted banners used the logo as background art - it looks really cool!! I guess as long as the "AMV" is showing, that works. Great idea, whomever made that one! :D

I did that once with the last logo. I was so afraid that it would get immediately rejected for not having it in the foreground. You can imagine my relief when it made it through to be judged by the public. :D

Anyway, I've been messing around with the logo in Photoshop and Illustrator, and holy spline-fest, Batman! That's quite the complex little Illustrator file. I have to say, I'm rather afraid to do much with the .ai file as it has so much going on in it. XD

Very well done, indeed. Now I'm even more impressed with it. :P
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby DriftRoot » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 am

LivingFlame wrote:Anyway, I've been messing around with the logo in Photoshop and Illustrator, and holy spline-fest, Batman! That's quite the complex little Illustrator file. I have to say, I'm rather afraid to do much with the .ai file as it has so much going on in it. XD

Very well done, indeed. Now I'm even more impressed with it. :P

Thanks, although I don't know if it's impressive so much as messy. LOL This isn't the most complex AI file I've ever created, but it's definitely the most chaotic.

And hey, go nuts with it. Just don't accidentally turn off the opacity masks, though I'm not sure if anyone did do that - accidentally or otherwise - if that would be grounds for rejecting the logo in a banner. Save a backup copy, guess? :P
DriftRoot

Postby Rider4Z » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:30 pm

well i've got 3 banners uploaded with the new logo, 2 are pending vote, and the last is pending approval...

is it just me or are the banners taking forever to be voted upon :? i'll admit i've slacked and haven't made that many in a while, but i remember the voting taking no more than a day, sometimes even just a half day to be decided. and now i'm coming on expecting to them finished and there's still way off. gahh! :x
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby greenjinjo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Best logo yet.

/returns to the shadows
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!
greenjinjo

Postby jasper-isis » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:41 am

Just got back from Otakon and processed all banners pending approval (I don't normally do it, but the other admins are still at the con).
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements