2008 Logo Contest - Winner

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 am

I voted for this one.

While I think it's probably too complex, it did do something that very few of the logo entries ever do:

It has elements in it that represent film AND music, not just one or the other. There are music notes, and there is a film strip. Hurrah.

So congrats :up:

This is probably my favourite logo from the past 2-3 years.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:38 am

Congrats DriftRoot.

This wasn't my first choice for the new logo. But I do have to say that it actually looks better at larger sizes. The resolution used for the site and forum logos doesn't fully show all the details of the design.

P.S. Sorry about making the situation even worse by shrinking it to fit into my avatar. :|
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:52 am

Congratz.

I really like the logo and voted for it ^^
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Amo-Chan
Org Profile

Post by Amo-Chan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:08 am

Congratulations Drift! WOOT...I liked this one a lot XD

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:29 am

I'm still just wondering, where's the domain name?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:04 am

it doesn't have one

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:12 am

Thanks everybody, glad I made something that you wanted to see on this site. We're stuck with it for another 12 months or so, now. :)

As for the banners, things should get interesting...I didn't even think of banners when I made the logo and consequently there are hundreds of editable bits and pieces in the original Illustrator file. I should have locked them down, just for the sake of keeping them from accidentally getting deleted or moved. No doubt enterprising individuals are going to be having a field day with all those little parts. lol or maybe not, there's a ton of stuff in there. There's also stuff that doesn't show up on the site logo, because of what happens after the vector file has been rasterized, so it's possible some banner logos will look different than the site logo.

Willen: Looks good to me. :D

Scintilla: I was hoping they'd keep the a-m-v.org part in the forum logo, at least, or maybe even unsquish the logo on the forums. I guess I didn't do such a good job of trying to make sure it fit the site...the table cells must be a lot smaller than I thought they were. :|

Nunchuck
Org Profile

Post by Nunchuck » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:17 am

Congrats DriftRoot for making the winning banner. I am glad it won since I voted for it :p

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:20 am

Congrats! I like the new logo. =P

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:24 am

^_^

Oh yes...and I don't know if this is going to be issue forever, BUT for anyone hustling to download the Illustrator file to make logos....

The logo was originally created in Illustrator CS2, however the file available for download is a CS3 file. What does this mean?

- If you try to open it with anything older than CS3, you'll get a warning about some problems with conversion.

- If you have CS on down the SVG filter effects and a few other things are simply not going to work the way they're supposed to.

- If you have anything older than CS3 and you try to save the file, Illustrator will probably try to flip it into PDF format (I have no idea what something like Inkscape will do), which introduces some other potential problems...so, just watch out. Save it in CS2, AI format if at all possible!

I asked that the file be changed to CS2 so that several of these issues are no longer on the table, but I don't know if that will happen and, in the meantime, people should be aware of the potential for glitches.

Return to “Site Announcements”