2008 Logo Contest - Winner

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:49 pm

yeah i like also the new logo. its modern. And also congrats DriftRoot.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:32 pm

mirkosp wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:my photoshop "rastorized" it O.o or something like that
Rasterized.
Basically, it merged the various layers in one single layer. :P
I thought rasterization was the process of taking a vector image and converting it to bitmap at a given resolution?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:41 pm

When Photoshop rasterizes a vector image, at least in the sense she's talking about, it's taking the vector information and converting it to pixels at whatever resolution you specify, while flattening the image. The format can be anything you wish, as well, it is not bitmap by default in the classic sense.

I am reworking some of the logo files that are available for download to make them more user-friendly. I've asked the powers-that-be to offer a layered TIFF as well so that people who don't have a vector program can still modify the logo without going through all kinds of unpleasant contortions. I don't know if they'll go for that, but stay tuned, I guess. :)

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm

DriftRoot wrote:When Photoshop rasterizes a vector image, at least in the sense she's talking about, it's taking the vector information and converting it to pixels at whatever resolution you specify, while flattening the image. The format can be anything you wish, as well, it is not bitmap by default in the classic sense.

I am reworking some of the logo files that are available for download to make them more user-friendly. I've asked the powers-that-be to offer a layered TIFF as well so that people who don't have a vector program can still modify the logo without going through all kinds of unpleasant contortions. I don't know if they'll go for that, but stay tuned, I guess. :)
Awesomeness. *^_^* Yeah, I did manage to use the magic wand tool in photoshop to at least separate all the colors to modify each piece (sort of. Or at least get the white text separate from the black separate from the blue. . .give or take a couple music notes. >.>) But modifying the cut-out pieces (that may or may not have been separated correctly) and trying to get them reassembled doesn't always work/look completely right. :? But if a psd version (or at least separate files of each color piece) are in the works, that would be wonderful. :D
ImageImage

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:25 pm

good looking logo, wasn't my first choice but it definitely compliments the site :up:

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:14 pm

Something's wrong with the logo source file on the banner rules page. :? Somehow it's been replaced with the original .ai file that Driftroot submitted, not the adjusted version. We should have it fixed sometime tonight, so in the meantime please make sure you don't submit any banners with the wrong logo.

u_queen
Org Profile

Post by u_queen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Congrats DriftRoot, I have to admit I didn't vote for your logo but it's nice. Until now I realized there's a film strip in the back :O

A clap for everybody who voted and to Jasper for keeping fresh the thread andfor adding the caps :up:

canya
Org Profile

Post by canya » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:27 am

Congratulations Driftroot!!

It looks...different. Jazzy, in a way.
And I really like the colour combination.
--which is probably why I voted for it in the first place.
*Claire*

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:05 am

Thanks everyone, I'm really glad it's getting a good reception. :)

Doki says he uploaded the new Illustrator source file and I just checked it out and everything seems to be A-ok. There should now be no conversion, transparency or shading issues. It is an Illustrator CS2 file, however anyone with CS3 can work on it as well - just don't try to convert it BACK to a CS2 file after it's gone CS3. The only part of the file that is hidden and locked (and should stay hidden and locked) is the "animemusicvideos.org" text which appeared in the original logo. It's moved off to the side out of the way, but it's still in the file. Everything else is 100% editable, just watch out for stuff like transparency masks. A good rule of thumb is, if you don't know what something in the file is, don't mess around with it (or if, you do, make sure to save a backup copy of the original file!). :)

I'm sending in a layered TIFF file today, so hopefully that will also be available soon. My thanks to Jasper, Doki and anyone else working to coordinate this transition to the new logo, it's a big job and you're definitely on top of it. :up:

Douggie
CHEESECAKE!
Org Profile

Post by Douggie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Congrats! Even though it was for me the only logo I actually liked and was worth voting for, now that I see it in context it kinda looks dull. The message board already has this blue look and I'm kinda missing that red that I've been seeing the two-somewhat years I've been on this board. Also, I think the logo complements the site when it's a bit bigger I think.

But, ah well, that's just me I guess...

Too bad I didn't have any time to enter any logos this year. I thought it would be a good chance to learn Illustrator.

Return to “Site Announcements”