2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting [closed]

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:17 am

Btw, how many nomination votes were accepted?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby jasper-isis » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 am

I've updated the first post with mockups and final voting information. Congrats to all the finalists!

We had 307 voters in the nominations round, and the top nomination got 107 votes. I expect that we'll have many more voters for the final round, as I'll be sending out a mass email notification reminding people of it.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby Corran » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 am

Wolfii wrote:My opinions on final six:

3 pieces have so small side fonts, that they won't be noticeable on logo version at all (in fact, in one of these I just now noticed it's there)

Notice how small the font is on the current logo in the forum as compared to main site? The way it is on the forum is how it was submitted. If needed we will adjust the font... or remove the text altogether depending on how the logo is used. The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.

On a personal note, there is one logo in here that I like more than any other logo this site has ever had.
Corran

Postby DriftRoot » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:40 am

Corran wrote:

3 pieces have so small side fonts, that they won't be noticeable on logo version at all (in fact, in one of these I just now noticed it's there)

In some of these logos the "animemusicvideos.org" part is clearly meant to be an integral part of the design, but in others it's meant to be included without detracting FROM the design. Removing that non-detracting .org part from the site logo isn't a big deal - you're here, you're going to "get" it - but if the logo was larger then it should be able to appropriately accommodate the .org - and in a way that does not compromise the original logo design.

The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.

I'm going to refrain from commenting fully until after this is all over, however... :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :D
DriftRoot

Postby leahzero » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Interesting batch of finalists. I'll reserve commentary till it's over, but I'm curious which logo got more than a third of the nomination votes. :o Hope we get to see voting statistics after the contest ends.
leahzero

Postby Ileia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 pm

jasper-isis wrote:I've updated the first post with mockups and final voting information. Congrats to all the finalists!

We had 307 voters in the nominations round, and the top nomination got 107 votes. I expect that we'll have many more voters for the final round, as I'll be sending out a mass email notification reminding people of it.

Do we know how this compares to the numbers of voters we had last year?
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Corran wrote:

Notice how small the font is on the current logo in the forum as compared to main site? The way it is on the forum is how it was submitted. If needed we will adjust the font... or remove the text altogether depending on how the logo is used. The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.

On a personal note, there is one logo in here that I like more than any other logo this site has ever had.

The current logo's small text is still readable, though, which isn't true for... *correction* two of this year's finalists. Based on previews.
The third one isn't that bad as I though it would be. And I am changing my vote for it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby NS » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Obvious choice is totally fucking obvious IMO :up:
NS
I like pants

Postby godix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm

You guys couldn't vote for the scribbled smiley? WTF is wrong with you? A childlike misspelled and obviously amateur design was a PERFECT fit for the org. Bah, you all fail.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Hinatasan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 pm

I like one , only :/ and curiously I didn't vote it >.< But if I see it in the general a-m-v.org page is really GOOD , I want make banners with this !!!
Hinatasan

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 pm

well i didn't make the finalists this year, however 3 of my choices did ^_^ 2 of which i would have preferred over mine anyway.

i am now stuck between which of the two to choose... :?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Scintilla » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Wolfii wrote:
Corran wrote:

The current logo's small text is still readable, though, which isn't true for... *correction* two of this year's finalists. Based on previews.

But it wouldn't be, if you just took the forum (original) version of the current logo and resized it down to fit on the main page. That's why, as Corran Productions said, the font had to be adjusted for the main page version of the logo.

And they'll do it again, if the winning logo requires it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

Postby DriftRoot » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Rider4Z wrote:well i didn't make the finalists this year, however 3 of my choices did ^_^ 2 of which i would have preferred over mine anyway.

i am now stuck between which of the two to choose... :?

Whichever works better on the a-m-v.org t-shirt Web site, of course. ^_^

Oh yes - and thank you Jasper-isis for the previews, it's very helpful! I hope people take a good look and vote accordingly. :) Can we have some t-shirt previews, too? j/k
DriftRoot

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Hmm... VH1, firefox (or Ocean Spray), Sketchers, Cisco... I think i've seen some of these logos before. :lol:
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby ihavethedeathnote » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm

theres a couple i only like :D
ihavethedeathnote
Crazy Screamer

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements