2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting [closed]

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Hinatasan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Yes ! is the best !!! I voted for it !! I want make banners with this logo !!
Hinatasan

Postby DriftRoot » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 pm

What's funny is that usually I have a pretty good idea which logo is going to win. This year...absolutely no clue whatsoever. The logos which made the finals surprised me a lot and their styles are so different - it goes from one extreme to the other. You people are completely unpredictable.

Comfy flower is still there...as zero hours nears, I'm getting more and more enamored of it (I liked it to begin with, but now that we're going to lose it...!!).
ImageImageImage
DriftRoot

Postby Moonie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm

we will miss you, comfy flower...
It feels like it was just yesterday that i used you on a banner
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Moonie
Give me some candy!

Postby Rider4Z » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Hinatasan wrote:¬___¬ Sorry....but....is not a problem if my logo is horrible too ( because now I will say my opinion and can be ofensive), but the logo that mike and rider vote is horrible and dificult to use for a banners, but....well....is only a opinion...

i'm sorry, but the new logo shouldn't be what's easiest to make banners with. i do agree, your choice was my second choice.

the reason i chose this one is because i like the classic, yet modern cinematic look to it. and i think it is the most unique (while fitting) logo i've ever seen made for this site.
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Re: 2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting

Postby NS » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:30 pm

These two are the best in my book
NS
I like pants

Postby The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:35 pm

The smiley face one should have won. :| But since it didn't, I'll agree with Nerd that
this one is the best.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english

Boredom.
The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer

Postby NS » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm

That's not agreeing with me, I don't think that one is the best, I think that one is second best.
NS
I like pants

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

Rider4Z wrote:i'm sorry, but the new logo shouldn't be what's easiest to make banners with.

maybe that is not your criteria, but some people do use that as criteria and they are allowed to if they want to.
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby jasper-isis » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Sorry for the delay! We'll get the winner up as soon as I can get Illustrator reinstalled...
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby Hinatasan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Hinatasan wrote:¬___¬ Sorry....but....is not a problem if my logo is horrible too ( because now I will say my opinion and can be ofensive), but the logo that mike and rider vote is horrible and dificult to use for a banners, but....well....is only a opinion...

i'm sorry, but the new logo shouldn't be what's easiest to make banners with. i do agree, your choice was my second choice.

the reason i chose this one is because i like the classic, yet modern cinematic look to it. and i think it is the most unique (while fitting) logo i've ever seen made for this site.

This logo really....is not original....I see it in some place....with other design and
the other logo , is more modern, more aggressive, like an explosion of what a-m-v.org represents.

Ah ! and is not my logo, I participe with 2 logos and didn't win.

:)
Hinatasan

Postby Hinatasan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:49 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Sorry for the delay! We'll get the winner up as soon as I can get Illustrator reinstalled...

But you can say the winner no ? please please please ?
Hinatasan

Postby leahzero » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Hinatasan wrote:This logo really....is not original....I see it in some place....with other design and
the other logo , is more modern, more aggressive, like an explosion of what a-m-v.org represents.

Ah ! and is not my logo, I participe with 2 logos and didn't win.

I'm not going to retaliate and rip apart your current logo, which I don't care for.

But I think you're way off the mark saying that the 3D logo is "not original," while the paint splatter one is.

What is not original about the 3D logo? Where have you "seen it before?" Perhaps on my deviantART account, with the other 3D logos I've made? :roll:

Yet you say the paint splatter logo is original and is more "modern" and "aggressive." I find this description far off base. Do a Google image search for splatter logo or ink logo and you will see the exact same design pop up on the first page of results. (Also try the same searches at deviantART; same results.)

Can you find very similar results for the 3D logo? If you can, please show me, and describe how you found them or where they are used. I design logos as part of my job as a graphic designer, and to my knowledge the urban 3D style I use isn't very common.

I think the splatter logo was a decent if cliché idea, but the way it's executed is too busy and off-balance. It doesn't sit well in the site header. As for modern, do you remember Jackson Pollock and Andy Warhol? You know that paint splatters were already done long before them? :lol: I also think the hues chosen were not the best match. If the teal-ish color had instead matched the deep orange of the border of the site header, and there was less black in the whole design, it may have fit better.

I also don't understand concerns about not being able to work with the 3D logo in banners (if it even wins; this point may be moot and it's a little weird that you're being so hostile before the winner is even announced). It's simple enough to desaturate or recolor. It may not fit thematically with very romantic- or historic-themed banners, but then, the current logo doesn't fit very well with modern-, action-, or comedic-themed banners. I don't think the banners should dictate logo choice. Your banner should fit the logo, not the other way around. The logo represents the site/community/hobby as a whole, not someone's specific tastes or banner ideas.

Anyway, calm down, you sound like you're going to give yourself apoplexy.
leahzero

Postby DriftRoot » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 pm

leahzero wrote:Anyway, calm down, you sound like you're going to give yourself apoplexy.

You know...I told myself I wouldn't do this, but ignoring outrageous rudeness, unprofessional behavior and bad attitude is just not in my genes. Please follow your own advice. At the very least, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

I am making a courteous suggestion at the moment, and if you feel the need launch a personal attack in response, then do everyone a favor keep it private.
ImageImageImage
DriftRoot

Postby NS » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:43 pm

I wanna know what apoplexy is personally :3
NS
I like pants

Postby Scintilla » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:25 pm

I didn't want to say anything, but now that the winner has been chosen, I guess I can: my vote was a fairly obvious choice to me, but then I saw all the talk on this thread promoting the other options, and I felt the final vote would be a lot closer than I'd anticipated.
The transparency would have been cool for banners, but oh well. And by the way, where's the domain name in the winning logo?

Oh, and congratulations!
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements