2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting [closed]

leahzero
Org Profile

Post by leahzero » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Malificus wrote:
MrDoctorDoctorGimmeDaNews wrote:
Wolfii wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
leahzero wrote:There are a couple designs I really like, but I wish had utilized the site color scheme better.
Wat? Banner makers can change the colors of any part of the logo, so their color schemes don't really matter.
I think he meant the logos don't really fit the main a-m-v.org page (the beige background)
They can be changed to whatever color the banner maker wants.
The the main logo (up on the top left) can't. If it doesn't match the site's color scheme, we're stuck with it for a year.
Yes, that's what I meant. And it's "she," thanks.
Niotex wrote:It feels like most logo designs fail to understand what it means to be a logo. Too much head room etc etc. Logo's need to be as simple as possible considering the human subconscious needs to absorb and recognize it within 3 to 5 seconds.
This only applies when you're talking about a logo that is used to build brand recognition, e.g., is used in promotional material. The AMV logo is just used to promote internally so it doesn't really matter as long as it pleases the community.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Nurse Molly wrote:Logo's need to be as simple as possible considering the human subconscious needs to absorb and recognize it within 3 to 5 seconds.
rofl

Imagine staring at a logo for 5 seconds before recognizing what it is. ~1 second, I'd think.

But anyway.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 pm

I agree there, some logos are way too difficult to grasp. Still, the creators weren't proffesionals and I think most of them are acceptable :x

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 pm

leahzero wrote:
Niotex wrote:It feels like most logo designs fail to understand what it means to be a logo. Too much head room etc etc. Logo's need to be as simple as possible considering the human subconscious needs to absorb and recognize it within 3 to 5 seconds.
This only applies when you're talking about a logo that is used to build brand recognition, e.g., is used in promotional material. The AMV logo is just used to promote internally so it doesn't really matter as long as it pleases the community.
Has everyone forgotten that the banners are SUPPOSED to be used for external promotion as well?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 pm

Sorry for the double post, but on the side note - the angry faces aren't supposed to be angry faces, I just like the simple ": x" smiley in the text format and always forget it changes into this here.

Sorry :<

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:27 pm

well....some logo will win , this is the future :/ if you don't like the logos , don't vote , is simple :?

And this is not a topic of "banners" or "banners creators" is a topic of the new logo of 2008 :evil:

good luck and may the best win!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 pm

You're no fun. It needs more cockfighting and primetime drama! :o

And as for the logos, they look needlessly complicated. Though I was amused of that one that parodied the Gunslinger Girl logo.
ImageImage

leahzero
Org Profile

Post by leahzero » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm

As this thread continues, I begin to suspect that the majority of you should go with logo 260. I think it's the entry most reflective of your aesthetic sensibilities, design acumen, and intellectual faculties.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:49 pm

Scintilla wrote: Has everyone forgotten that the banners are SUPPOSED to be used for external promotion as well?
Isn't that kinda counter-intuitive to the "don't draw attention to ourselves"?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 pm

leahzero wrote:As this thread continues, I begin to suspect that the majority of you should go with logo 260. I think it's the entry most reflective of your aesthetic sensibilities, design acumen, and intellectual faculties.
.... so there! :o

Return to “Site Announcements”