2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting [closed]

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:17 am

Btw, how many nomination votes were accepted?

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 am

I've updated the first post with mockups and final voting information. Congrats to all the finalists!

We had 307 voters in the nominations round, and the top nomination got 107 votes. I expect that we'll have many more voters for the final round, as I'll be sending out a mass email notification reminding people of it.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:37 am

Wolfii wrote:My opinions on final six:

3 pieces have so small side fonts, that they won't be noticeable on logo version at all (in fact, in one of these I just now noticed it's there)
Notice how small the font is on the current logo in the forum as compared to main site? The way it is on the forum is how it was submitted. If needed we will adjust the font... or remove the text altogether depending on how the logo is used. The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.

On a personal note, there is one logo in here that I like more than any other logo this site has ever had.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:40 am

Corran wrote:

3 pieces have so small side fonts, that they won't be noticeable on logo version at all (in fact, in one of these I just now noticed it's there)
In some of these logos the "animemusicvideos.org" part is clearly meant to be an integral part of the design, but in others it's meant to be included without detracting FROM the design. Removing that non-detracting .org part from the site logo isn't a big deal - you're here, you're going to "get" it - but if the logo was larger then it should be able to appropriately accommodate the .org - and in a way that does not compromise the original logo design.
The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.
I'm going to refrain from commenting fully until after this is all over, however... :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :D

leahzero
Org Profile

Post by leahzero » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Interesting batch of finalists. I'll reserve commentary till it's over, but I'm curious which logo got more than a third of the nomination votes. :o Hope we get to see voting statistics after the contest ends.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 pm

jasper-isis wrote:I've updated the first post with mockups and final voting information. Congrats to all the finalists!

We had 307 voters in the nominations round, and the top nomination got 107 votes. I expect that we'll have many more voters for the final round, as I'll be sending out a mass email notification reminding people of it.

Do we know how this compares to the numbers of voters we had last year?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Corran wrote:

Notice how small the font is on the current logo in the forum as compared to main site? The way it is on the forum is how it was submitted. If needed we will adjust the font... or remove the text altogether depending on how the logo is used. The text would probably fit just fine on a t-shirt if you choose to blow it up that large.

On a personal note, there is one logo in here that I like more than any other logo this site has ever had.
The current logo's small text is still readable, though, which isn't true for... *correction* two of this year's finalists. Based on previews.
The third one isn't that bad as I though it would be. And I am changing my vote for it.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Obvious choice is totally fucking obvious IMO :up:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm

You guys couldn't vote for the scribbled smiley? WTF is wrong with you? A childlike misspelled and obviously amateur design was a PERFECT fit for the org. Bah, you all fail.

Hinatasan
Org Profile

Post by Hinatasan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 pm

I like one , only :/ and curiously I didn't vote it >.< But if I see it in the general a-m-v.org page is really GOOD , I want make banners with this !!!

Return to “Site Announcements”