2008 Logo Contest - FINAL Voting [closed]

leahzero
Org Profile

Post by leahzero » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:25 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:waa... wa waa waaa waaa waaa wa waa waaaaa waaa waaa waaa?
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:23 pm

leahzero wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:waa... wa waa waaa waaa waaa wa waa waaaaa waaa waaa waaa?
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow.
Generally I'd agree that a lot of people on the org complain a lot (myself included), but to say that about JaddziaDax, especially when all she did was express the fact that she didn't really like any of them that much, is pretty retarded.

Oh no, someone doesn't like something. Shock horror.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:32 pm

leahzero wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:I don't really like any of them :/
x2
In light of feedback received in this thread, I would like to change my entry to the following:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/le ... y_logo.jpg

Here's how it looks on the site.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/le ... o_comp.jpg
That was stupid.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Jemm54
Org Profile

Post by Jemm54 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:52 pm

I'd like the 5, its very futurist or something like that, i dont know, but its cool...

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:20 pm

Yah, 5's the only one I see fitting. I personally don't see how anybody can thing 6 would look good, but whatever.

leahzero
Org Profile

Post by leahzero » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Prodigi wrote:Generally I'd agree that a lot of people on the org complain a lot (myself included), but to say that about JaddziaDax, especially when all she did was express the fact that she didn't really like any of them that much, is pretty retarded.

A vapid expression of dislike with no semblance of an attempt at qualification is a waste of web space and worthy of derision, IMO. I could not care less who posts such inanity. It's still pointlessly antagonistic and devoid of constructive feedback.

As a professional, I welcome intelligent criticism, but I don't see any here, so I'm having some fun with the whiny hobbyists.

Oh no, someone is making fun of someone else's whining. Shock horror.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 pm

leahzero wrote:
Prodigi wrote:Generally I'd agree that a lot of people on the org complain a lot (myself included), but to say that about JaddziaDax, especially when all she did was express the fact that she didn't really like any of them that much, is pretty retarded.

A vapid expression of dislike with no semblance of an attempt at qualification is a waste of web space and worthy of derision, IMO. I could not care less who posts such inanity. It's still pointlessly antagonistic and devoid of constructive feedback.

As a professional, I welcome intelligent criticism, but I don't see any here, so I'm having some fun with the whiny hobbyists.

Oh no, someone is making fun of someone else's whining. Shock horror.
Just what we need. Another Hatter who assumes that because they're a 'professional' that the opinions of 'hobbyists', whether elaborated or not, do not matter.

Also:
A vapid expression of dislike with no semblance of an attempt at qualification is a waste of web space and worthy of derision, IMO.
Lulz. Welcome to the intarwebz.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Mad Hatter?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Actually, no "A vapid expression of dislike" would have been the comment I was going to leave your childness, but declined for something shorter and to the point, and way less dramatic.

I only expressed my opinion. I don't really like any of them :/ I never said that they were horrid abominations, nor did I say anything about the creators who made them, nor did I say that they were the most terrible logos I had ever seen (I've surely seen a lot worse). All I said was that I don't really like any of them. If you have read more into my rather calm statement then it's the fault of the reader not the writer. I didn't write it in a whiny, or baby-like manor, I stated my opinion and I still stand by it.

I may not have any "credentials" to back up my tastes, but I do have the right to my opinion. You know I can accept it when people say they don't really like my art, my videos, my photoshop work, or when my banners get rejected/unworthy, that is their opinion and no matter weather its biased with schooling or not, they are allowed their opinion.

I could go into detail as to why I don't like specific ones, but the truth of the matter is I don't waste my time on details unless it is specifically asked for. I don't like wasting my time and effort on something that is not going to be welcomed in the end, so when posting most of my opinions I try to be either vague (poking to see if people want a more detailed opinion), or "short and simple". I chose short and simple because there are several logos up there, and I don't know who made what, and yes, for me it DOES matter who I am talking to when I leave an opinion.

If you can't handle someone not liking your work, then perhaps you should not enter contests or competitions or post your work anywhere, cause no matter where you go, not everyone is going to kiss your ass and fluff it with feathers. There will always be SOMEONE who doesn't like your work. That is life. Welcome to the world.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:45 pm

oh yea, and thanks guys for defending me <3

Return to “Site Announcements”