2003 Viewers Choice Awards

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

2003 Viewers Choice Awards

Post by Phade » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:23 pm

Hey All,

This thread is for the 2003 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers Choice Awards. Please be sure to read the rules carefully before asking questions and/or leaving comments.

Thanks again and good luck!! ^_^

Phade.
Last edited by Phade on Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:44 pm

Phade, why can't the VCA be held until after the Donut is up? I mean, I don't have any hosting, so like no one has seen my videos for the past year. I think that they're good and most of the people that I sent to think they're good, but no one else will think that because they've enevr seen it. There's a bunch of good videos that no one has ever seen, therefore they won't be corretly judged by the people.

Sephiroth

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:58 pm

Uh, Phade, I just tried to suggest a video that definately doesnt already exist, and it told me that it already exists. The category is Best first video, is there someway I missed something?
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:19 pm

Hey,

SephirothJenova: Postponing the VCA until the Donut is online was considered. The problem is that it could be a few months until it's up (I expect it sooner, but if donations suddenly slack off, it could be a while) putting the Donuts opening to April or so. Also, to be fair that enough people have downloaded enough videos to know what was premiered last year, how long would we have to wait until after the Donut is up before the contest could continue? one month? two months? three months? That would postpone the VCA until July or August. By then, there have been a ton of new videos for this year that has come out, possibly clouding the judgement of the 2002 videos. So, all in all, having the VCA now is the only choice. Heck, it may make the donations for the Donut increase and we could have it open sooner thus making your dream come true.

Ashton: It could be that someone has suggested it but I have not posted it. Category suggestions are kept hidden until I look at them to keep down people posting crap.

Phade.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:19 pm

Why was best anime trailer rejected? Thats kind of lame, considering it was a catagory last year, and a few of us are actually KNOWN for doing trailers better than anything else. I made a trailer specifically to compete for the VCA this year, and I'm sure YCSTR is gonna be a little more than pissed off. Movie trailers used with anime are a very real part of the Anime Music Video Community, and I don't know why the catagory was rejected.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:22 pm

Amen to that..
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:40 pm

Hey,

Whups. Rejected the wrong one. :oops:

Phade.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:54 pm

Phade wrote:whups. Rejected the wrong one. :oops:
Rendering my from-the-heart speech useless. DAMN YOU PHADE! DAMN YOU!
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:07 pm

Innovative is spelled wrong. :wink:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

"All of my vids have been entered"

Post by WilLoW :--) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:24 am

Would anybody have a reason to uncheck the "all of my vids have been entered into the catalog" checkbox ?

What is the goal of this checkbox ? I checked it last year, and I was going to leave it checked as long as I am a member...Is it wrong ?

Return to “Site Announcements”