2008 Logo Contest - Submissions [closed]

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby LivingFlame » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:46 pm

I kinda like this years as well. It's just a nice simple and clean logo. I find that filmstrip one ('03-'05) to be a bit busy for my tastes. Just my feelings, though.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby Otohiko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:55 pm

I actually like most if not all of them. They sort of grew on me over time, even if a couple of them I bitched about originally. :roll:
Otohiko

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:37 am

Nessephanie wrote:I liked this years, other then the fact that it's missing a petal...that has always bugged me...

It's a four leaf clover. :>
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Nessephanie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 am

Bryr_Röz wrote:
Nessephanie wrote:I liked this years, other then the fact that it's missing a petal...that has always bugged me...

Then where is the stem? Or the rounded edges? That's no four leaf clover :P
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

Postby Kitsuner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:54 am

Nessephanie wrote:
Bryr_Röz wrote:

Then where is the stem? Or the rounded edges? That's no four leaf clover :P

Some mean little kid cut it up. Even painted it red.

/me shakes his head.

Some people, man. Some people...
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby guy07 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:57 am

I like ... uh ... chocolate cheese cake!
guy07

Postby leahzero » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Do you prefer submissions to have no identifying info on them, like the artist's name?

Also, should the preview image just contain the logo, or are extra elements okay?
leahzero

Postby Corran » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:40 am

leahzero wrote:Do you prefer submissions to have no identifying info on them, like the artist's name?

Also, should the preview image just contain the logo, or are extra elements okay?

User ids are already tracked with each entry and are visible to the contest coordinator.

The preview image should just be of the logo. (i.e. the image in the top left of the forum is an example of what the preview image looked like for the current logo back when it ran in the contest last year.)
Corran

Postby jasper-isis » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

Advice: it may be in your best interest to submit early, as that gives you time to resubmit if there's something wrong with your entry.

And whoever does make the logo this year, could you at least do a decent quality / vector trace of it instead of a random picture of a flower from images.google.com that you've then just layered under a font?

If a raster image wins this year, we might ask the artist if he/she can vector trace it anyway, depending on the need and the image complexity...

I too am still a fan of the good ole see-note. The flimstrip logo was great, but I think its complexity (which made it more awkward to adapt to smaller resolutions and banners) might have caused a backlash and preference towards simpler designs in later years.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby Otohiko » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:03 am

Yea, the trick is that people need to remember that the logo isn't just single-purpose, and while I think it's great that people have been designing logos that look good in small format on banners, it's nice if they don't forget other places where it might need to be bigger. Like the forum logo. One reason I liked the film strip is that it looked good on top of the forums!
Otohiko

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Will the approved logos be visible even before July 22nd on nominations page or will they appear after the start of nominating?
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby jasper-isis » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 pm

They don't appear until nominations begin.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby jasper-isis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm

A reminder: your logo can contain any of the following text:

AnimeMusicVideos.org
Anime Music Videos
A-M-V.org
AMV

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to have a "AnimeMusicVideos.org" + "AMV" combo. Just throwing that out there. :P
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:47 am

Just curious, if it's not breaking any rules (and thus can be made known)...

How many submissions have you received so far and how many of them were accepted?
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby jasper-isis » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:30 am

33 attempted entries so far
24 have been accepted

Remember that I'm not approving/rejecting on the basis of quality. As long as an entry doesn't break one of the rules, it gets put through. For the ones that I reject, I always encourage the members to resubmit with the disqualifying element corrected.

Two more weeks to enter! If you haven't thought about your entry yet, now's the time to start. If you have friends who are good with graphics, then badger them to enter. This is your chance to help out and make a lasting impression on this website! :o
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements