2008 Logo Contest - Submissions [closed]

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:46 pm

I kinda like this years as well. It's just a nice simple and clean logo. I find that filmstrip one ('03-'05) to be a bit busy for my tastes. Just my feelings, though.
... yea ...

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:55 pm

I actually like most if not all of them. They sort of grew on me over time, even if a couple of them I bitched about originally. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:37 am

Nessephanie wrote:I liked this years, other then the fact that it's missing a petal...that has always bugged me...
It's a four leaf clover. :>

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 am

Bryr_Röz wrote:
Nessephanie wrote:I liked this years, other then the fact that it's missing a petal...that has always bugged me...
Then where is the stem? Or the rounded edges? That's no four leaf clover :P

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:54 am

Nessephanie wrote:
Bryr_Röz wrote:
Then where is the stem? Or the rounded edges? That's no four leaf clover :P
Some mean little kid cut it up. Even painted it red.

/me shakes his head.

Some people, man. Some people...

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:57 am

I like ... uh ... chocolate cheese cake!

leahzero
Org Profile

Post by leahzero » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Do you prefer submissions to have no identifying info on them, like the artist's name?

Also, should the preview image just contain the logo, or are extra elements okay?

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:40 am

leahzero wrote:Do you prefer submissions to have no identifying info on them, like the artist's name?

Also, should the preview image just contain the logo, or are extra elements okay?
User ids are already tracked with each entry and are visible to the contest coordinator.

The preview image should just be of the logo. (i.e. the image in the top left of the forum is an example of what the preview image looked like for the current logo back when it ran in the contest last year.)

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

Advice: it may be in your best interest to submit early, as that gives you time to resubmit if there's something wrong with your entry.
And whoever does make the logo this year, could you at least do a decent quality / vector trace of it instead of a random picture of a flower from images.google.com that you've then just layered under a font?
If a raster image wins this year, we might ask the artist if he/she can vector trace it anyway, depending on the need and the image complexity...

I too am still a fan of the good ole see-note. The flimstrip logo was great, but I think its complexity (which made it more awkward to adapt to smaller resolutions and banners) might have caused a backlash and preference towards simpler designs in later years.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:03 am

Yea, the trick is that people need to remember that the logo isn't just single-purpose, and while I think it's great that people have been designing logos that look good in small format on banners, it's nice if they don't forget other places where it might need to be bigger. Like the forum logo. One reason I liked the film strip is that it looked good on top of the forums!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Site Announcements”