PayPal Donations Mix-up

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

PayPal Donations Mix-up

Post by Phade » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:54 am

Hey All,

There has been a major mix-up in how the PayPal donations have been processed.

Background -- The Org has two PayPal accounts to collect donations: phadeguy@hotmail.com (a free account) and amvorg@hotmail.com (a fee-based account). If a donator used the automatic update form to use PayPal for their transaction, small donations would go to the phadeguy@hotmail account while large donations would go to the amvorg@hotmail account. This way, the Org could save hundreds of dollars a year on PayPal fees.

Now it seems that PayPal has issued a new rule that says any payment that originates from a web site form (like the one used here to automatically record your donation) may not use a free account and must use a fee-based account. Somehow we missed the memo. As a result, what we thought should be perfectly fine transactions to accept at phadeguy@hotmail were automatically being rejected, much to the heavy frustration of donators and us admins. Unfortunately, it seems that this mix-up has been going on for a long time. The problem has now been corrected.

As of now, all donations that go through the automatic account update page that are at least $1 will go through the amvorg@hotmail PayPal account. Anyone who previously attempted to donate through the account update page and went to the phadeguy@hotmail account will have their donation attempt returned to them automatically by PayPal. You may then re-do the donation using the amvorg@hotmail account on the account update page. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... nation.php

I deeply apologize for the frustration this has caused. This site greatly relies on the goodwill donations given by you members. Having the donation process become a source of aggravation is not something that we wish to ever happen.

Again, I am very sorry this mix-up.

Phade.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:43 pm

oh my

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:45 am

Glad this was cleared up before I made my annual donation. :shock:

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:20 am

ah so that is what was going on.
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

Geirr
Org Profile

Maybe some ordinary pledges missing, too?

Post by Geirr » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:07 pm

I pledged at the end of June, sent a postal m.o. which was the USPS confirms was delivered 2-Jul-07. Today I'm still listed as 'Donation Due.' I bought a second postal m.o. and sent it out certified return receipt this Saturday (14-Jul.) This one might make it Wednesday (16-Jul)

Neato: pledge once, pay twice!! For next yearI am thinking of just sending a donation w/o making a pledge. Seems like it would be just as good for the site, but without placing one's membership & access at risk...

- G

Return to “Site Announcements”