2007 Logo Contest Winner

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu May 31, 2007 11:48 pm

I actually like this logo. And just wait til next year, everyone who hates it this year will be all "I miss last year's logo, this year's logo sucks."
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu May 31, 2007 11:56 pm

Ileia wrote:I actually like this logo. And just wait til next year, everyone who hates it this year will be all "I miss last year's logo, this year's logo sucks."
x2.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu May 31, 2007 11:56 pm

Ileia wrote:I actually like this logo. And just wait til next year, everyone who hates it this year will be all "I miss last year's logo, this year's logo sucks."
What would the point of a logo contest be without such sentiments?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:15 am

Actually I still think last years is pretty bad too. We have to go back to the filmstrip logo to get one I like.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:55 am

godix wrote:
Actually I still think last years is pretty bad too. We have to go back to the filmstrip logo to get one I like.
It seems that people typically like the logo from the year they joined the best. :amv:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:09 am

Corran wrote:It seems that people typically like the logo from the year they joined the best. :amv:
That's just a coincidence. It just happens when I joined is the last time we had a logo that came close to representing anime, music, or videos.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:31 am

Corran wrote:
godix wrote:
It seems that people typically like the logo from the year they joined the best. :amv:
AMV Face isn't from 2003 :?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

zamora
Org Profile

I don't know

Post by zamora » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:27 am

I don't know how??? If there is a lot of people that don't like the winner logo of all years. Ohhh I know. Its because is the same people year by year that spit bad feelings. :idea: :arrow:
ALWAYS got the Plan B

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:38 am

the filmstrip while tasteful i was constantly getting rejected banners for "modifying the logo" when i hadnt done anything to it aside from change the colors @_@ it got really annoying after a while and i welcomed the change...

I like the eye-note because its cleaver :) and i feel sad that i wasnt around to see it O.o

i actually voted for the red-paint-smear because i was thinking of it in different colors and not just the red... it wasnt untill someone compared it to a cat dragging its bloody rear across the floor that the connotation of the logo changed for me..

i also liked the circle that they had the year before, there was so many neato things i could have and did do with it...

i really like the sakura flower this year cause 1 its pretty and I got all sorts of ideas of stuff i can do with it... while the blue circle thing was okay and tasteful, i think that the blue would have clashed with the site >.> and yea, like someone said it kinda looked like the HDDVD logo or something like that O.o

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:59 pm

i agree, while the color could easily be changed in the banner making process, the logo is supposed to be representative of the entire AMV site. not strictly for banner makers.

i very much like the cherry blossom, it is distinctly representative of the japanese culture, and i've never seen that text before. it's very oriental looking, and very classy.

while i think that the video reel from (3?) years ago definitely was well made and artistic, i think this logo represents the site best out of any others from the past.

great job Hinatasan! ^_^

Return to “Site Announcements”