2007 Logo Contest nominations begin.

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Krisqo » Thu May 03, 2007 12:22 pm

I can barely see the AMV in the shit bricks one...
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby kikai_saigono » Thu May 03, 2007 12:25 pm

a joke for every one? what does #241 tell you?

I dunno if I want a big eye staring back at me while I do banners. creepy in a way.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby Minion » Thu May 03, 2007 12:26 pm

are you kidding me? that's the best one.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Krisqo » Thu May 03, 2007 12:30 pm

Try making banners with 170 @_@.

But 162, 216, 206, and 197 are the ones I think look like Conglomerate letterheads...
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby kikai_saigono » Thu May 03, 2007 12:39 pm

208 seems a little to close to 2006's, 175 seems to hard to work with. an....atom. o.O 168 is a little retarded. And 141 is hardly a logo. Just text with a swish on the a.
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Postby derobert » Thu May 03, 2007 1:18 pm

Minion wrote:by the way, these are rejected logos.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/DYNAMIC/logos/2007/

Weird, all I get when I go there is a "403 Forbidden".

:twisted:
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert
derobert
Phantom of the .Org

Postby Minion » Thu May 03, 2007 1:20 pm

HE'S NOT DEAD
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby Krisqo » Thu May 03, 2007 1:33 pm

GASP!! :shock:
Krisqo
Cooking Oil

Postby Corran » Thu May 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Ok, the code that generates the folders is definitely going to need to be fixed for blind voting to work next year. Since there is nothing that can be done about it this year, please try to vote based on the quality of the logo rather than the user that made it.

Also, please don't bash the logos. A lot of the individuals that made them will read this thread and I can only see a flame war occurring as a result of any bashing.

I don't mind discussing logos, just don't be a jerk about it. Use constructive criticism. This applies to logos that were rejected as well. Don't post them here. They were rejected for a reason and that member already knows why so they don't need people making further note of it.
Corran

Postby DriftRoot » Thu May 03, 2007 7:10 pm

Neat, all the logos change places every time I go to that page. They must be randomly generated at every refresh?
DriftRoot

Postby WC Annihilus » Thu May 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Nomination Page wrote:To be the most fair, entries are in random order.

:wink:
WC Annihilus

Postby DriftRoot » Thu May 03, 2007 7:16 pm

Yah, I KNOW, but you could put them on the page in random order and have that be the order 100% of the time for everyone...this is like, overkill? It's neat, though - also lets you view things more comparatively, as it were. Hrm, I keep catching myself thinking my votes have changed because the pink boxes aren't where I expect them to be.
DriftRoot

Postby godix » Thu May 03, 2007 8:25 pm

DriftRoot wrote:Yah, I KNOW, but you could put them on the page in random order and have that be the order 100% of the time for everyone...this is like, overkill?

It's not overkill, it's basic psychology. Certain positions in a list are more likely to be noticed and selected than others. So even if you randomized the list once whatever ended up in those positions would have a slight advantage because of that. Randomizing the page each time eliminates that, presumably each logo would show up in the choice spots equally.

Put it another way. Lets say Google had 10 search results that were absolutely equal. So it randomized them and slotted them in the first 10 results. Do you think that whichever ended up #1 would have an advantage over the others? Same idea.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby DriftRoot » Fri May 04, 2007 7:14 am

Hrm, across the mass collective of voters, yes, a permanent order might lend a small advantage to the logos at the top, but the images are all pretty small - it's not like one or two or even four are leaping off the page ahead of everyone else - and how many people are going to keep refreshing/going back to that page to reconsider their nominations and get the full psychological effect of "don't vote for #1?" I guess it couldn't be randomized permanently on a user-by-user basis (?).

Anyways, folks have done a nice job of making sure everything is as fair as possible. :)
DriftRoot

Postby SnhKnives » Fri May 04, 2007 10:01 am

hmm tough selection this year =/
SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements