The 2007 Logo Contest has begun!

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Hrm, so...my fussing about people stripping the "animemusicvideos.org" out of the current logo is completely unwarranted (and I guess why it's allowed, because you don't consider that text part of the logo anyways. Gotcha. :wink: This is a different definition of a logo than what I was working from. :)

zamora
Org Profile

Design and Using the Logo

Post by zamora » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:17 am

Maybe I am out of context but. I think...when you use the logo in banner and other stuffs you don't have to put the www..... the complete logotype have advertisement aims. You can made the logo with or without the www.... Thats what I think. And one more time, sorry if I am out of context but I just made a quick read of all :idea: :arrow:
ALWAYS got the Plan B

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:33 pm

No, you don't HAVE to include the site name, but if you choose to and submit it as your logo - according to my way of thinking - it becomes part of the logo, not just some unnecessary text crammed in there for the sake of cramming it in there. (Some people do this, though, which is maybe why they consider that text disposable). IMO, if the words don't work, then don't put them in there to begin with.

Corran consider the site name in the logo an optional component, however, one that can be removed if it's too small to suit its purpose. This is actually beneficial, as I was trying to say, because I've seen some logos in the past that were really nicely done except for the fact that the text wound up being so itty bitty that there was no way the logo - as a whole - would work and I felt obligated to vote for a logo that DID work, instead. I really don't remember if - in the voting guidelines - it was mentioned that small text shouldn't be a factor in our decisions. :? I'm keeping it in mind, this year.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue May 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Um, so I submitted a couple logos, then I accidentally hit refresh, and it resubmitted the logo I had just submitted. Um, just thought I'd let you know, I didn't mean to submit a duplicate. That wasn't supposed to happen. :?
ImageImage

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed May 02, 2007 12:03 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen a logo that looks like this with the exact same set of bars for... I want to say Last FM, but I don't think that's it.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “Site Announcements”