New feature: AMV Alerts

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:57 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Wow! Doki, do you have any free time? Like, ever? You are a coding machine!
Let's just say don't expect much in the way of videos from me this year. :(
godix wrote:A question though, if I set everything to 'online' will the main page tell me when something comes up like it does with ops and QCs? Or will I have to remember to check the my alerts page?
At the moment you have to check the My Alerts page. (or RSS feed) Maybe I can add a box or something for the five or ten latest items at some point, but since the things at the bottom currently there still work (and are automatic, you don't have to turn them on), I left them there for now. The alerts, however, will let you know about OPs and QCs on collaborations.
Kitsuner wrote:Great work as usual. One thing though: certain options for certain users can't be altered. In other words, the drop down menu for how often to be alerted is greyed out on some spots.
That means they have privacy on for that item. I should add some explanation or something.

As I said, the code honours the private flag when you enter a journal, and it should also honour the "date available" when you enter a video. Let me know if you see anything weird.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Szwagier
Org Profile

Post by Szwagier » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:23 am

wow :O Nice feature
Thx for the great work doki! :]
ImageImageImage

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:21 am

just cool and nice.
Thanks
ImageImageImage

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:35 am

I like it, I just think that you should be able to see who it is that's watching you...

I'm uncomfortable not knowing who's stalking me ;_;

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:59 am

This is pretty cool overall. Especially the new video notification. I've missed new videos from editors I <s>stalk</s> follow before and now, hopefully, I won't. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:33 am

Nessephanie wrote:I like it, I just think that you should be able to see who it is that's watching you...

>.>

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:22 am

Nessephanie wrote:I like it, I just think that you should be able to see who it is that's watching you...

I always feel like somebody's watching meeeeee
so I can select privacy
whooooaaa
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

quadir
I Know Drama
Org Profile

Post by quadir » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:23 am

Great feature, although the privacy flags have me a bit skeptical about the end usefulness of this, but it has great potential and has been a long time coming. Not being able to see who is watching makes a lot of sense.

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:33 am

quadir wrote:Not being able to see who is watching makes a lot of sense.
Uhhh why?

quadir
I Know Drama
Org Profile

Post by quadir » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 am

Nessephanie wrote:
quadir wrote:Not being able to see who is watching makes a lot of sense.
Uhhh why?
Do you get notified every time I visit your profile to check if you've got new vids up?
No.

This feature is for members who watch videos, so they don't have to constantly check your profile to see if you've uploaded a new vid, not so editors who make videos know who their "hardcore fans" are.

Be happy with your privacy flag, which at least for video uploads is pretty stupid since you can already just check their profile, and alerts are supposed to eliminate the need to constantly do that.

Return to “Site Announcements”