New feature: AMV Alerts

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:50 am

1. change your alert address to someone you don't like
2. subscribe to ramonesfan
3.?
4:lulz
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm

With this new feature, has it changed some previous default settings? I thought it maybe has changed whether I get emailed when someone sends me a pm, so I checked "Receive email when you receive a new PM (private message):" to "online". If I remember correctly it was originally on "none". I really think for everyone it should be defaulted to "online" with this new feature, because some people haven't logged in for many months to a year, and the main way I've been able to contact most of them was though a "PM" which I think they found out they got through being notified in their email.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 pm

dokidoki wrote: Who are you again? :?
Holy shit, iceburn. Well struck, good sir.

Having been thoroughly schooled - this is great if you visit sometimes but not often, or don't haunt the announcement forum, or know somebody who doesn't make threads for hir videos. If I weren't so bored and had the member main page as my shortcut, this could tell me when I have ops I need to reply to (once every uh, thousand years hehe), and that's very useful. Message-to-all would be super useful if you have a beta to show off, or are setting up con plans, or whatevs.

As for "omg someone added me whom I did not preapprove the sky is falling allow me to bitch about it on the internet," the undesirables could see your publically posted content before the system existed, so I don't see the point of whining or demanding to know who dared sully your sainted hit count.

Systems like this just make people think twice about what it actually means to post something openly on the internet, which is a Valuable Life Lesson(tm) anyway.

...I think I tl;dr'd this because of the "nobodies should be seen and not heard" thing, sorry. I'm perverse. :twisted:

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:29 pm

hosnap, I'm gone for a week and this happens.
I should leave town more often :up:

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Awsm, I recieve alerts for MEP's I've been in, so now I can actually see the QC's for them.

:up:
:ying:

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:47 pm

aesling wrote:Awsm, I recieve alerts for MEP's I've been in, so now I can actually see the QC's for them.

You could see QC's from MEP's before as well....
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Got a suggestion here, could you make the My Alerts page like the My Journal Buddies where recent stuff is highlighted in pink, slightly older stuff in green, and stuff more than a few days old in white. I never realized how helpful coloring stuff like that is until I glance at the My Alerts page that doesn't have it.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:17 pm

While I'm whining, a couple other minor suggestions:

If you have My Alerts turned on for new site news what it does is link you to the main page and ask you to log in again. It should, as everything else in my alerts does, take you directly to the new item and remember that you are already logged in.

Some parts of the my alerts page have a very shortened side menu. You need the space for all the config options, fine no problem. However the shortened menu has Main Members Page, Search for AMVs, and Forums on it. I suggest replacing search for AMVs with My Alerts. It's much more likely that someone will want to go look at the My Alerts page again to see if anything new appears after changing the settings than it is they'd want to search for videos right at the moment. We can click the back button to get to my alerts of course but then we'd also have to refresh the page to make sure changes are shown. Hey, I did say it was minor....

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:50 pm

I personally prefer having a search for amvs button myself, besides, if I wanted to go back to My Alerts, there's always the 'log' link in the first paragraph.

On the other hand, would it stretch it out all that much to have the full bar on the side? It looks like there's a lot of left over white space, though that could just be my monitor.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Orwell wrote:
aesling wrote:Awsm, I recieve alerts for MEP's I've been in, so now I can actually see the QC's for them.

You could see QC's from MEP's before as well....
Well then

Disregard that. I suck cocks.
:ying:

Return to “Site Announcements”