Upload and Download Restrictions

Yogurtron
Org Profile

Post by Yogurtron » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:13 pm

I also have a question about the only-anime rule. From my latest video on, most of my MVs should be AMVs, but before I had my DVD-ROM drive, I made a music video using game cutscenes from "Lunar: Silver Star Story" and it's sequal. The cutscenes are done in anime style (drawn and whatnot like any true anime title), but since it still is a game, would that still be allowed?

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:29 pm

Phade, question. What if people abuse this server and load things that arent a video and use it for there site, like uploading pictures or non AMV related items? God willing this wont happen but im just asking.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:09 pm

Hey The Non-Professional,

All videos will be screened after they are uploaded. If someone is abusing the system, they will have their upload ability turned off.

Phade.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:22 pm

If it is anime, whether it is game, OVA, TV, etc doesn't matter. I KNOW my Rockman X vid would qualify, since it is all from anime cut-scenes and not "game footage" (and if it isn't game footage, it is FMV, if the FMV is animated (CG or not) and made in Japan, you have your defence right there - technically).

Re: nudity, there would definately be some grey areas, especially with certain series, like Fushigi Yuugi as one example, where it has been done in vids using tasteful nudity. Even though it is sexual, it doesn't exclude it from being tasteful (or even appropriate for the music, depending on the music obviously), do vids that venture along that line get the ax? *Eyes some of his future plans* hmm, I could the odd vid in trouble at that rate.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

Rob Kenchu
Org Profile

Post by Rob Kenchu » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:45 pm

dont ignore me! :(

will songs with swear words in them be excluded... or is the answer somewhere else and i just missed it? :oops:

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:29 pm

jonmartensen wrote:I think Kite is the best example of Anime with Excessive Violence.

Watch Die Mothafucka and Natural Born Killers for a good example of to much violence
Ok well I just watched "Natural Born Killers" and to be honest I LOVED IT! That Sh*t was hard core! But I can understand why it is would not be alowed. While I would love to make a video like that (if I could even pull it off being so new to the scene and all), I make AMV's mostly for being viewed at conventions since what I really get out of making AMV's is joy from when others see it. I don't see how you could even show that vid at a convention due to the extreme violence and cursing. The song he used is a great example of what NOT to use for a vid you intend to show at a convention.

Now Phade, I know your only trying to cover your own ass when it comes to the upload rules (I have the same concerns about my own site) but could you possibly give us a few more guidelines to go by, for instance, what words are exceptable? DBZ Life by Scott Melzer used F*ck in it once and it was excepted by people. Also, are middle fingers allowed? They can be very comedic in videos if used correctly. I just want to know EXACTLY where the line is, and how wide it is. I mean as you can see from my "Pimp-vangelion" parody, I do cross it on occasion, and since crossing it this time would mean some major bad stuff, I don't want to do that.
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:39 pm

Garylisk wrote:I also had a question concerning two of my videos, mainly my Sailor Moon S video, "Luna in Love", and also my Excel Saga vid "Excel in the Brain"

Both of these videos were made using fansub tapes, so the quality not not as good as if they had been made using DVD quality. Now, I have been buying the excel Saga DVD's as they have been coming out, so I'll be able to remake the Excel video soon and upload the DVD footage version and not even worry about the VHS version... so it doesn't really apply.. but my SMS video, I don't know when I'll be buying myself the Sailor Moon Movies Box Set... Maybe not for a while. Now, would you suggest I just hold off on uploading it until I've remade it using DVD footage? Or would you suggest that I upload the current video, and once I remake it, tighten the synch, and use all DVD footage, could I ask you to delete it and then let me make a new entry for the DVD footage version of it? I know you said asking for a delete should be rare if at all, and that you don't want someone uploading a ton of versions of their videos, but if it's a situation like this where I have a video I am already very proud of, and want to, sometime in the future, improve it's visual quality, would that be an acceptable reason to ask for a delete and then make a new entry? And on the subject of not asking for a delete too often, this would be the only time I would ask anyway :P

That's about all I have to ask about in this particular thread. I'll have another question in the donations guidelines thread though. Expect a good sized pledge from me soon :) 8)
I don't think quality is an issue at all. I don't think Phade will kick you for just having crappy quality for your vid.
John Westbrook

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:00 pm

Hey hackerzc,

Thing is, if I give very exact guidelines, then there are some creators out there that will push those guidelines to the very edge, just because. What it boils down to is this:

If you think you have a video that might be trouble, you can either a) send the video to me first and I'll let you know if it is acceptable or not or b) you can upload the video and take the chance of having all your videos removed when I get around to checking the video (yes, I will be checking every video that gets uploaded)

(oh, and just so you know, "flipping the bird" is highly likely to be ok. I mean, it's in my own "Material Girl" video... :wink: )

Phade.

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:13 pm

Phade wrote:Hey hackerzc,

Thing is, if I give very exact guidelines, then there are some creators out there that will push those guidelines to the very edge, just because. What it boils down to is this:

If you think you have a video that might be trouble, you can either a) send the video to me first and I'll let you know if it is acceptable or not or b) you can upload the video and take the chance of having all your videos removed when I get around to checking the video (yes, I will be checking every video that gets uploaded)

(oh, and just so you know, "flipping the bird" is highly likely to be ok. I mean, it's in my own "Material Girl" video... :wink: )

Phade.
Oh ok, then letting you review it first is an option? That's cool. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything by putting u on the spot. I just really don't want to be kicked from using stuff. I mean, I just spent 7 hours last night trying to make a site skin for this place. And gues what, I HAD FUN DOING IT!
John Westbrook

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:15 pm

Hey hackerzc,

Just think, that's just the skin! Just think how long it took to get the whole site to work. :-D

Phade.

Return to “Site Announcements”