Upload and Download Restrictions

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:44 am

jonmartensen wrote:I think Kite is the best example of Anime with Excessive Violence.

Watch Die Mothafucka and Natural Born Killers for a good example of to much violence
Hey Phade while were on the topic.... would those be acceptable? :shock:

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:35 am

:lol:

David Schwager
Org Profile

Post by David Schwager » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:09 pm

I think this has already been covered, but I want a bit of clarification for it (especially since it's a topic that hits a bit close to home). Namely, nudity, and just what is acceptable. Let's take the ending to the Utena movie (it's not really a plot spoiler, so don't worry):

So, Utena and Anthy are riding away into the sunset on a particularly weird motorbike (since they're riding it lying on their backs like it's a bed). Problem is, they're completely naked. Now, during this sequence, which scenes would be inapropriate?

1) A closeup of their heads showing them kiss.

2) A pan up the bike showing them lying next to each other without touching but without clothes and in the standard anime nipple-less nude style.

3) A pan up the bike showing them, still naked, but kissing and with limbs intertwined.

Now, I'm fairly certain that 1) is okay and 3) is right out, but what about 2)? I could see opinions differing on that, since it's brief and not really implying sex, but not really not implying sex either.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:49 pm

How bout we just make a rule of "no penetration" and leave it at that?

Kismetgirl88
Org Profile

Where do we Send our file?

Post by Kismetgirl88 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:21 pm

Which FTP should I send my files? Have given the address yet? Can I send it Via AMI?

tamashii
Org Profile

Post by tamashii » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:10 pm

Beowulf wrote:How bout we just make a rule of "no penetration" and leave it at that?
Sounds fair to me
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:46 am

Beowulf wrote:How bout we just make a rule of "no penetration" and leave it at that?
I'd figure that would be a given... but that would quite obviously run afoul of the 'sexual nudity' rule. It would other stuff- like the aforementioned scene at the end of Adolescence Mokushiroku- that could be problematic because whether or not it is excessive or whether it implies sex is (more or less) open to interpretation. There will almost certainly be complaints from both sides- I'm sure some people (a number that will, somewhat unfortunately, likely be growing with the increasing *penetration of anime into mainstream Western media and people who are used to seeing it 'sanitized' for US TV standards. You know, parents who will be shocked when their kid finds a video that shows Melfina without the black bikini that was drawn in for the TV broadcast...) will probably complain about any nudity or slightly excessive violence, and some on the opposite of the spectrum who will complain they can't have a video up of nothing but sex scenes from La Blue Girl. I think Phade's 'shows or implies sex' should be a good middle ground- and anything that might be questionable, it would be a good idea to ask for it to be judged by Phade (and/or whoever will be responsible for this).

* No pun intended
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:51 pm

I don't understand why people can't work out the difference between something nude for artistic purposes and nude for erotic purposes.

It's pretty obvious that Utena is the former and Kite is the latter.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:53 pm

Kite actually, some of the sex scenes were to show what's her names "exploitation" by the bad ass cop guy. Though, I don't think they were needed to tell the story and even the main story in Kite is rather lacking.

Mezzo Forte, I think has the WORST case of pointless sex scenes, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO POINT to them. ZERO. I mean, she dreams the first one up and the second on, she's a robot during it all.

Natural Born Killers doesn't have sex scenes in it, or any nudity for that matter(some panty shots err yeah), but it does have a LOT of violence.

I think you could allow saw NBK, but something like Machine's Faces of Death would not. Or the Boobies video could be allowed, but not Jbone's Little Piece of Heaven.

Maybe who knows :O

~klinky

Sailor_X
Org Profile

Post by Sailor_X » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:45 am

Well, If anyone has seen the last episde of Sailor Moon Stars,They know about the "questionable scene". I don't consider it nudity, and It's in one of my videos, but let me explain. In the very last battle between Chaos posessed Galaxia and Sailor Moon, there is a part were as an angel, she becomes in this state of "Purity" I guess. Basically it looks like she's wearing a flesh colored leatard cause it shows no noipples,pubes , or even her butt crack and her breasts look like she is wearning a tight bra , so no shape of nude breasts, the only think I s a belly button, but she "looks nude" but from what I said she's not, what do you think cause it's in my video "Whisper", Which I'm still trying to figure out how to upload it on here

Sailor X
(Cherie)

Return to “Site Announcements”