Upload and Download Restrictions

Giton
Org Profile

Post by Giton » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:08 pm

Next question:

If I have such a video and you don't, how can i send it to you?
Or will those videos not be allowed to be uploaded because "Master Phade" wants to do everything by his own :P ?
Just asking because I have a huuuuge collection here (~ 140 GB) and maybe i can provide some videos that a not my own (honestly i haven't done one yet, but I think there'll be one soon :oops: )

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:17 pm

Hey Giton,

If you have a video that you would like to see hosted via proxy, you can send me a link to it and I'll download it to see if it's good to put up since we currently have limited storage space. Once the full Donut is available, I may adjust it so that people can upload via proxy.

Phade.

calluna
Org Profile

Post by calluna » Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:50 pm

I just had a question ragarding the "anime music videos only" policy...

Does that just mean we can't upload live-action MVs, or are we also not allowed to upload vids made with non-Japanese animation?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:09 pm

Hey calluna,

For now, the policy will be "anime music videos only". This means videos should only contain anime, no non-anime videos. This policy may change in the future.

Phade.

ProdigySim
Org Profile

Post by ProdigySim » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:14 pm

A couple things:

About the rule that states only Anime Music Videos are allowed: Are VideoGame FMV sequence videos counted as AMVs? There are already some on this site, but will they be allowed on a-m-v.org's hosted space?

My second question is about file types. A guy Instant Messaged me about this today, and I'm not sure I gave him a correct answer.. But he wanted to know if AMVs made in Flash are acceptable. You can make them in Flash, but they will be exported as *.swf. So are Flash-type AMVs allowed?

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:49 pm

Hey ProdigySim,

With the current limited storage space, video game videos shouldn't be uploaded now. When the full Donut server is available, then they will be allowed. Flash is a perfectly good format for AMVs.

Phade.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:31 pm

Phade wrote:Hey ProdigySim,

With the current limited storage space, video game videos shouldn't be uploaded now. When the full Donut server is available, then they will be allowed. Flash is a perfectly good format for AMVs.

Phade.
Um... I just recently uploaded my AMV that was done to the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie... I don't know if that movie would qualify as "anime". Should I have the video taken down until the Golden Donut arrives?
ImageImage

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:01 am

Hey,

If it's already there, I'll let it slide. Just for future reference, though, keep it in mind for future uploads.

Phade.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:24 pm

Okay, I will. :wink:
ImageImage

Tuplica
Org Profile

non Amvs

Post by Tuplica » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:39 am

I've seen a few non AMVs (live action or non-anime in some other way) go up as being locally hosted... Has this become OK or is it still not allowed, and those have just not figured that out yet? Just curious... I got lotsa non-anime vids if the former is the case. ^_^

Return to “Site Announcements”