Upload and Download Restrictions

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Upload and Download Restrictions

Post by Phade » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:55 pm

Hey All,

Here are the hosting, upload, and download restrictions for the Golden Donut. These restrictions are designed to keep the service running and running smoothly for all.
  • You may not upload videos containing sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence. If you upload a video containing sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence, you will no longer be able to upload or download videos from this site. There will be no warnings. The first offense will get your videos removed and have you banned. If you think that maybe your video contains any scene that might possibly be considered sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence by the admin of this site, it's best to play it safe and not to upload it.
  • Locally-uploaded videos should only be anime music videos. "Anime music videos" are defined on our website as videos primarily consisting of Japanese-origin animation source.
  • You may upload one video file per video. This means that you can’t have an MPG versions and a RM version and an AVI version and an “I’m not quite done” version and an “Ok, I’m done” version. You get to have one “official” version of the video uploaded. Once the file is uploaded and confirmed, the file cannot be replaced or removed.
  • Upload file sizes are limited to 150MB for each file. With a donation of $12 or more to AnimeMusicVideos.Org, however, this limit is increased to 250MB for each file for one (1) year from the time the pledge is fulfilled.
  • Please only upload the video file, not a compressed file (zip, rar, etc.)
  • Uploads will be via FTP. Upload speed is limited to 128KB/s. Since you just need to read the file list, download speed is limited to 1Kb/s via FTP.
  • General video downloads will be via HTTP. Download speed is not limited by the server and is only limited by the amount of bandwidth available.
Phade.

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Re: Upload and Download Restrictions

Post by The Non-Professional » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:47 pm

Phade wrote:You may not upload videos containing sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence. If you upload a video containing sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence, you will no longer be able to upload or download videos from this site. There will be no warnings. The first offense will get your videos removed and have you banned. If you think that maybe your video contains any scene that might possibly be considered sexual nudity or excessive graphic violence by the admin of this site, it's best to play it safe and not to upload it.

I know you said ask the admin, but this applys to tons of videos here. What about the Kenshin OAV AMV's or Evangelion AMV's with just eva berserker action, or Akira (that whole movie was pretty much graphic) Or plainly all out excessive graphic violence AMV's. There are alot of AMV's with excessive graphic violence. You might need to explain this more.

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Re: Upload and Download Restrictions

Post by The Non-Professional » Mon Dec 16, 2002 5:49 pm

The Non-Professional wrote: I know you said ask the admin, but this applys to tons of videos here. What about the Kenshin OAV AMV's or Evangelion AMV's with just eva berserker action, or Akira (that whole movie was pretty much graphic) Or plainly all out excessive graphic violence AMV's. There are alot of AMV's with excessive graphic violence. You might need to explain this more.
i forgot to add this but those videos are probably a very good percentage of the ones entered in the database

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:03 pm

Hey,

There's "graphic violence" and then there's "excessive graphic violence". Eva and Akira are "graphic violence". I haven't seen Kenshin, but of the vids I've seen, it seems to fall in the same category.

I have, on the other hand, seen some videos that had "excessive graphic violence" where it was just people be slashed and hacked up to pieces just one right after another. It was sorta like hentai, but instead of sex, it was just vulgar distruction (I'm not talking about buildings blowing up and stuff, it was just gross).

What it comes down to is a judgement call. When in doubt, if you don't want to chance getting banned, don't upload the video.

Phade.

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:09 pm

I think Kite is the best example of Anime with Excessive Violence.

Watch Die Mothafucka and Natural Born Killers for a good example of to much violence

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:17 pm

Haha, add Mezzo Forte onto that list of excessive violence animes.

Now, say I make a Ranma video, and it has one seconds worth of nudity, would that be okay, or I wouldn't be able to upload the video?

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:22 pm

Yes, Mezzo Forte also :lol:

I think we should wait to ask the really specific questions until after the donations are in and the Golden Doughnut is actuall up and running.

where_next
Org Profile

i want specifics not anchovies

Post by where_next » Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:34 am

jonmartensen wrote:Yes, Mezzo Forte also :lol:

I think we should wait to ask the really specific questions until after the donations are in and the Golden Doughnut is actuall up and running.
Well if im gonna donate money i'd like to know what exactly i am getting. Maybe you like to donate money and find out what you get later but that seems kinda silly to me. Its like ordering a pizza and paying on the phone, and just telling them to surprise you, and when it gets there its all anchovies.

where_next
Org Profile

My judgement is not yr judgement

Post by where_next » Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:43 am

i have one problem with leaving it totally up to my judgement to decide whether something might get me banned or not. What might be acceptable to me might not be to you, i understand the violence part and thats not a problem, but i am wondering about the sexual Nudity. I have a video i made to ninja scroll and as of now i dont know whether it would be acceptable or not. The guidelines you have set as of now are rather vague and i would just like a couple examples of what is acceptable and what is not when it comes to the nudity.

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:31 am

I'm guessing Jin Roh is in this category. I keep the machine gun scenes at the end, but I'm guessing that is excessive.

Return to “Site Announcements”