Upload and Download Restrictions

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:26 pm

xTrunkZx wrote:
klinky wrote: I think has the WORST case of pointless sex scenes
lol pointless sex? whos heard of such a thing... hehe j/k

But i wanna watch whats so so wrong with nbk when the server is back up... or beowolf could send it :-D
http://www.hypeodermicstudios.com/NewBeowulfsVids.htm

Right click -> Save Target As

Leave a review!

[/plug]

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:37 pm

It's been 2 years since I made Faces of Death. Don't tell me that its still causing trouble for explict violent content.

Videos like:
PFS, Jbone's Sweet Heaven, Natural Born Killers, Faces of Death.....

Videos like these that have had so much contraversy are still very much alive

Besides, who is this admin going to be? Some may see videos as only semi violent while other freak out about it.

Somewhat similar to what the MPAA does with movies these days.

Is only one person going to have control over the content of these videos? :shock:

Sorry, just asking about things that may come up :D

xTrunkZx
Org Profile

Post by xTrunkZx » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:05 pm

Beowulf wrote:
xTrunkZx wrote:
klinky wrote: I think has the WORST case of pointless sex scenes
lol pointless sex? whos heard of such a thing... hehe j/k

But i wanna watch whats so so wrong with nbk when the server is back up... or beowolf could send it :-D
http://www.hypeodermicstudios.com/NewBeowulfsVids.htm

Right click -> Save Target As

Leave a review!

[/plug]

thanks beo :D i'll watch at soon as it finishes

Quickshot14
Org Profile

Just a quick celarfication

Post by Quickshot14 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:59 pm

I just want to make sure i understand that project dount is JUST for Anime Music Videos (based on acutall released or fan-sub anime series, oav's and movies) and not game releated? I only ask this since all my videos are game releated and since i lost my hosting *un-employment does suck* that i will not be able to use this service as a soultion untill i can get my hosting up again. (my mv's are mainly my starcraft and warcraft iii ones) thought i'd make completly sure i understand this so i don't upload this files when it goes live. Thnxs.

josepi
Org Profile

Post by josepi » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:42 pm

On the topic of excessive violence and "sexual content" in anime i know that there will be mothers and parents in general who oppose of this and will likely oppose of anime altogether (like my mom). Really it has been 6 months since i "really got into" anime and i'm still the same psycho that i was back then i just happen to have less hard drive space from making and D/Ling amvs.
Love and Peace! ^_^
Josepi

Neo-Matrix
Org Profile

Post by Neo-Matrix » Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:09 pm

i doubt Phade will eliminate all the final fantasy videos... there are tons. i think we are just staying away from non-anime stuff on an Anime MV website. So... japanese import games... safe?

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:30 pm

I also had a question concerning two of my videos, mainly my Sailor Moon S video, "Luna in Love", and also my Excel Saga vid "Excel in the Brain"

Both of these videos were made using fansub tapes, so the quality not not as good as if they had been made using DVD quality. Now, I have been buying the excel Saga DVD's as they have been coming out, so I'll be able to remake the Excel video soon and upload the DVD footage version and not even worry about the VHS version... so it doesn't really apply.. but my SMS video, I don't know when I'll be buying myself the Sailor Moon Movies Box Set... Maybe not for a while. Now, would you suggest I just hold off on uploading it until I've remade it using DVD footage? Or would you suggest that I upload the current video, and once I remake it, tighten the synch, and use all DVD footage, could I ask you to delete it and then let me make a new entry for the DVD footage version of it? I know you said asking for a delete should be rare if at all, and that you don't want someone uploading a ton of versions of their videos, but if it's a situation like this where I have a video I am already very proud of, and want to, sometime in the future, improve it's visual quality, would that be an acceptable reason to ask for a delete and then make a new entry? And on the subject of not asking for a delete too often, this would be the only time I would ask anyway :P

That's about all I have to ask about in this particular thread. I'll have another question in the donations guidelines thread though. Expect a good sized pledge from me soon :) 8)
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:41 pm

Hey Garylisk,

The situation you just described is the best possible exception to the "no delete" rule. I would expect that creators of good videos will possibly one day get the itch to put out a better quailty version of thier video. Heck, even I recompressed my Material Girl video so that it was smaller and better quality (though I didn't clean up the source vid any).

What I DON'T want to happen is "here's a rough cut of my vid. Download it and tell me what you think. Ok, now I need to delete that one and upload the better rough cut of my vid. Ok, now the actual finished version of the vid. Oh, I made some more tweaks. Here's the new actual finished version of the vid." And so on...

Thanks again and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:53 pm

OK cool, great, wonderful. I am glad that I would not be any nuisance if I needed to do that :)
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Xanthrax
Org Profile

Post subjects are a waste of time.

Post by Xanthrax » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:20 am

Neo-Matrix wrote:i doubt Phade will eliminate all the final fantasy videos... there are tons. i think we are just staying away from non-anime stuff on an Anime MV website. So... japanese import games... safe?
You're confusing viability for the Golden Donut and viability for the database. The rule being made is that only animé music videos will be allowed to be uploaded with the Golden Donut, not that non-animé music videos will be removed from the database.
Dead girls don't say no.

Return to “Site Announcements”