2007 VCAs Begin!

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Ileia wrote:
Darius GQ wrote:That was pretty fun to find
[vidid=110818] as "Best MEP" & no "Best Action"//

This is not Multi Editor Project!!!!



Creators: Sayan Video Studio, Darius GQ, Ratkiller


That's three. That's enough for multi.


As mentioned, the only way we could filter things is if colaborators is more than 2.. I leave it up to the community to vote for the approprate ones :wink:

Vlad

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:57 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Ileia wrote:
Darius GQ wrote:That was pretty fun to find
[vidid=110818] as "Best MEP" & no "Best Action"//

This is not Multi Editor Project!!!!



Creators: Sayan Video Studio, Darius GQ, Ratkiller


That's three. That's enough for multi.


As mentioned, the only way we could filter things is if colaborators is more than 2.. I leave it up to the community to vote for the approprate ones :wink:

Vlad

The only way? Last year it was a minimum of 5 or 6, wasn't it?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

User avatar
Darius GQ
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 6:23 am
Location: Russia (SPb)
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Darius GQ » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:46 am

Ileia wrote:
Darius GQ wrote:That was pretty fun to find
[vidid=110818] as "Best MEP" & no "Best Action"//

This is not Multi Editor Project!!!!



Creators: Sayan Video Studio, Darius GQ, Ratkiller


That's three. That's enough for multi.


Well... this is my mistake! Sayayn Video Studio - Darius GQ & RatKiller! We were making this video together (using only on comp). & only my mistake about collaborators has made this "joke"

ps
sorry for bad english

Thefluff05
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:08 am
Org Profile

Postby Thefluff05 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:58 am

wow, Im new to AMV things and so I dont understand all the jargon but one thing that shocks me is how much work the Admins must do. They must either be amazing programers or have a whole lot of coffee. My head hurts just thinking abou it


:shock:

User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:29 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:00 am

Kitsuner wrote:The only way? Last year it was a minimum of 5 or 6, wasn't it?


I not sure as I did not run it last year... We just picked up the pieces this year just so there is a VCA...

Vlad

User avatar
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:54 pm
Status: Simply Insane
Location: Netherlands
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Niotex » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:24 am

Thefluff05 wrote:wow, Im new to AMV things and so I dont understand all the jargon but one thing that shocks me is how much work the Admins must do. They must either be amazing programers or have a whole lot of coffee. My head hurts just thinking abou it


:shock:
Allot of both =3
Image

User avatar
CHAMELEON_D_H
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 8:10 am
Location: TA Israel
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby CHAMELEON_D_H » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Anybody planning to make a torrent of all the AMVs? That'd be great.

Or was it only the top 5 back then?
Image
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

User avatar
Brad
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 9:32 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Brad » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:39 pm

CHAMELEON_D_H wrote:Anybody planning to make a torrent of all the AMVs? That'd be great.

Or was it only the top 5 back then?


Of ALL of the eligible videos? o_o Or are you talking about for the final voting? I could see somebody doing that. Would make things convenient.
Image
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

MorwenLaicoriel
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:40 pm
Org Profile

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:47 pm

Was Hold Me Now disqualified or something? I can't find it on the list, and I'd really like to nominate it for some of the catagories...

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Ileia » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:51 pm

MorwenLaicoriel wrote:Was Hold Me Now disqualified or something? I can't find it on the list, and I'd really like to nominate it for some of the catagories...


I don't think the creator selected "All videos in the catalog"

MorwenLaicoriel
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:40 pm
Org Profile

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:58 pm

ick. x.x That kind of sucks...oh well. Her (his?) fault I suppose.

User avatar
Otohiko
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 8:32 pm
Org Profile

Postby Otohiko » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:39 pm

That does suck.

I likewise was disqualified because I didn't interpret the "Yes" on "ambiguous music sources" as I should have and left it alone, only to realize my mistake tomorrow. I was starting to bitch about the instructions not being clear enough - though I suppose it is my fault.

Though it does irk me that while the audio data base is a bit of a mess and people get away with gross inaccuracies and fakes, while I get thrown out for a source on my MEP that really was "unknown" as stated :(

Ah well.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

User avatar
Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:29 am
Status: ....to completion
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Ileia » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:41 pm

So many good editors getting disqualified.... :(

User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:32 pm
Status: Breathing
Location: Merrimack, NH
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:43 pm

As i posted on the MEP suggestion thread... it'll put a sour note on the winners in the categories where the obvious front runners weren't even there.

User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Status: Top Breeder
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Tradition is tradition... :roll:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]


Return to “Site Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests