2007 VCAs Begin!

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby Scintilla » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:36 pm

Booncy wrote:I have a really, really stupid question but here goes...How do we actually ENTER ourselves and our videos into this contest. I have all of my qualifying videos from 2006 up, and all of the info for them are correct. Now I want them to be offically a part of this contest!

Just make sure that you have the "All my videos have been entered into the database" checkbox in "Edit My Profile" checked, and that all of the "Potentially Disqualifying Factors" on <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/2007/myqualified.php">this page</a> say "No". If you've done it correctly, then your videos will automatically be entered for competition when the nomination phase begins.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Postby Booncy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:03 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Booncy wrote:I have a really, really stupid question but here goes...How do we actually ENTER ourselves and our videos into this contest. I have all of my qualifying videos from 2006 up, and all of the info for them are correct. Now I want them to be offically a part of this contest!

Just make sure that you have the "All my videos have been entered into the database" checkbox in "Edit My Profile" checked, and that all of the "Potentially Disqualifying Factors" on <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/amvvca/2007/myqualified.php">this page</a> say "No". If you've done it correctly, then your videos will automatically be entered for competition when the nomination phase begins.


Whew! Well that box in my profile is checked, and I have all NO's for the potentially disqualifying factors so I'm all set :D! I just hope that alot of people see my videos and vote for them. Specifically speaking my "Ken's Heart Will Lead Him Home" music video for best sentimental amv :).
Booncy
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2004

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:06 am

I do believe that the person who entered the entry for a MEP (one would assume the coordinator of the project) must be the one to ensure there is not "bad" info in it... Hence so long as he's videos are entered and has all NOs for any issues, then that MEP entry should be entered...

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby Booncy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:48 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:I do believe that the person who entered the entry for a MEP (one would assume the coordinator of the project) must be the one to ensure there is not "bad" info in it... Hence so long as he's videos are entered and has all NOs for any issues, then that MEP entry should be entered...

Vlad


Lol, here's another "stupid" question. What do you mean by the acronym MEP Vlad :p?
Booncy
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2004

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:24 am

Booncy wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:I do believe that the person who entered the entry for a MEP (one would assume the coordinator of the project) must be the one to ensure there is not "bad" info in it... Hence so long as he's videos are entered and has all NOs for any issues, then that MEP entry should be entered...

Vlad


Lol, here's another "stupid" question. What do you mean by the acronym MEP Vlad :p?


Multi-Editor Project
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:46 am

Hi All,

Well, the nomination phase has arrived. The list of videos is everyone who has qualified by eliminating any issues and checking the box under their profile… Good luck to everyone on the list!

Also, the multi-Editor project list is based on collaborations with more than two people from last year, so that should cover the Multi-Editor Projects (if no Multi-Editor collaborations are listed on an entry, it will not appear there or if the person who entered it did not check the box to entered into the VCAs, then it will not be on the list) This is the best we could do to try to catch all the multi-Editor projects..

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby Autraya » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:02 am

bwahaha I missed the checkbox before the cutoff shows how bad my powers of perception were, I completely forgot :lol:
new banzors in the making :p
User avatar
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Location: Terra Australis
Status: old

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:41 am

Any explanation as to the different shaded colors on the various lists? I'm seeing 5 distinct colors down the list. Or is it a tool to let your eyes separate the entries from one another so you don't check an incorrect box?
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Postby Corran » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:44 am

They represent videos you've downloaded locally. The different colors represent the star rating you gave the video.

Here is a complete list of the qualifying videos you downloaded locally.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _stars.php
User avatar
Corran
 
Joined: 14 Oct 2002

Postby Niotex » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:58 am

I got screwed over I could swear that my video entery's all were "qualified video's" untill I today saw "potentioaly qualfied video's" -_-
Image
User avatar
Niotex
The Phantom Canine
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2003
Location: Netherlands
Status: Simply Insane

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:27 pm

Corran wrote:They represent videos you've downloaded locally. The different colors represent the star rating you gave the video.

Here is a complete list of the qualifying videos you downloaded locally.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _stars.php


Ah, good to know.

Also of note - it should be explicitly stated that after you choose a category, if you switch to a different filtering (i.e. "category") you're still nominating videos for the category you first chose. It's easy to make that mistake.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:02 pm

Niotex wrote:I got screwed over I could swear that my video entery's all were "qualified video's" untill I today saw "potentioaly qualfied video's" -_-


The reason is that one of your vidoes "How to Make an AMV" has an "unknown" entry for the artist and song... This was mentioned in the rules and several times on the annoucement page that all video entries issues must be resolved in order to participate.

Vlad
User avatar
Vlad G Pohnert
 
Joined: 02 Jan 2001
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Postby KnX » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Niotex wrote:I got screwed over I could swear that my video entery's all were "qualified video's" untill I today saw "potentioaly qualfied video's" -_-

yeap I have the same problem -_-
so I guess we are screwed
User avatar
KnX
 
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Location: In front of my pc

Postby Darius GQ » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:11 pm

That was pretty fun to find
[vidid=110818] as "Best MEP" & no "Best Action"//

This is not Multi Editor Project!!!!
User avatar
Darius GQ
 
Joined: 01 May 2005
Location: Russia (SPb)

Postby Ileia » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:31 pm

Darius GQ wrote:That was pretty fun to find
[vidid=110818] as "Best MEP" & no "Best Action"//

This is not Multi Editor Project!!!!



Creators: Sayan Video Studio, Darius GQ, Ratkiller


That's three. That's enough for multi.
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest