2007 VCAs Begin!

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:02 am

NINJA EDIT: I see the qualifying date is a factor, but doesn't that give false hope or false assumption that you're in the clear if you're not? (or in my case constant apprehension that you're doing something wrong because your vid(s) aren't in the top-most category)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby Gepetto » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Guess wo doesn't have anything to submit! ME!!!

not that anybody cares, but I had to post something on the VCA thread this time
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby KentaroPJJ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Alright guys...if I have my ONE video I made this year (Narutowned) in that little "potentially qualified" section, and all those disqualifying factors say "no", am I good?

The only thing that throws me off is that it says i cant have a video that has only non-anime (which I do, its Final Fantasy VIII), and maybe one that hasn't premiered. But these videos were made like...several years ago. So will these factors affect my one "potentially qualified" video that i made in 06? Like...do I have to go to delete my FF8 video so my Narutowned video can be qualified?

Sorry about all my misunderstanding! I'm really confused X_X about those disqualifying factors. Like...do they matter for videos that werent made in 2006?
"Heaven's a little too far away. I couldn't hear her." - Dias Flac (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
KentaroPJJ

Postby Corran » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:48 pm

FF 8 and chrono trigger cutscenes are considered anime on this site.
Corran

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:26 am

if all the qualifying factors say no and you have checked the box in your profile, then your video made last year qualifies...

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby KentaroPJJ » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Alrighty, thanks guys!
"Heaven's a little too far away. I couldn't hear her." - Dias Flac (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
KentaroPJJ

Postby celibi87 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:33 pm

>.> zomg is it really that time already? Damn time goes fast.
celibi87

Postby Cornwiggle » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:29 pm

Orwell wrote:I suggest we move ALL VCA related material to donator only status, and drop the requirement to reach that by either $6 or even $2.

:down: x100

Yes make it so everyone can't put in their thoughts.
¯\(°_o)/¯
Cornwiggle

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:35 am

Two more days left to check all your qualifying videos and to ensure there are no problems that could disqualify you and to ensure to check the box to partipate in the VCAs!

After that the fun begins

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Athena » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:39 am

Vlad,

Neither my Ode to 4chan 7.53 nor my 100 Dollar Bill 8.47 entries are entered into the catalog, as they are part of meps. As they are segments, and not stand alone videos, they do not have to be catalogued for me to eligible for the VCAs, correct?
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:10 pm

Kionon wrote:Vlad,

Neither my Ode to 4chan 7.53 nor my 100 Dollar Bill 8.47 entries are entered into the catalog, as they are part of meps. As they are segments, and not stand alone videos, they do not have to be catalogued for me to eligible for the VCAs, correct?

Only if you wanted them to be eligable for other categories. Otherewise, only the MEP as a whole entry is required for the Best MEP Category

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby godix » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:47 pm

Actually I've been wondering something. Suppose there's a MEP with obvious fake info. However it's not fake info the system automatically catches as disqualifying. Would all MEP members have all videos disqualified? Just the person who entered it would have all videos disqualified? Or just the MEP would be disqualified and other videos by any member would be OK?
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Fall_Child42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:22 pm

This is Relevant to my interests.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby Booncy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 pm

I have a really, really stupid question but here goes...How do we actually ENTER ourselves and our videos into this contest. I have all of my qualifying videos from 2006 up, and all of the info for them are correct. Now I want them to be offically a part of this contest!
Booncy

Postby Chicken993_4eva » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:26 pm

Booncy wrote:I have a really, really stupid question but here goes...How do we actually ENTER ourselves and our videos into this contest. I have all of my qualifying videos from 2006 up, and all of the info for them are correct. Now I want them to be offically a part of this contest!

People vote on them if they think it's the best that fits the category I guess.
Chicken993_4eva

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements