A note about YouTube

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.
User avatar
sprueill
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: San Jose, California
Org Profile

Postby sprueill » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:55 pm

right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

User avatar
Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:22 pm
Status: W.O.A (Waiting on Aion)
Location: Moderating the Adobe Forums
Org Profile

Postby Krisqo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:46 pm

Wouldn't out best defense be to stay in the shadows and keep from drawing attention to ourselves? I mean, that whole WindUP thing may never have happened if that person never mentioned this site to one of the artists. We are a big community, yes, but y**********b is all over the place. The news, the internet, even on G4's "Attack of the Show" on a near daily basis. How often are we on the front pages of Yahoo or MSN or even your local news websites?

I know the org will die one day, and that is fine. It had a long healthy life. Longer than any other website I've been associated with. Will that stop me from making AMVs? Nope. In fact, I may end up making more since I'll no longer have that little notion in the back of my mind that that I need to live up to the standards set by my predecessors and just do it for fun. Isn't that what this is all about? When we get tired of this stuff, we quite. It's just a hobby for most and the loss of one site will not hamper that.

User avatar
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:28 am
Status: out of service
Location: storrs, ct
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby downwithpants » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 pm

sprueill wrote:right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?


purchase your anime and music sources and editing software legally. try to dissociate AMVs from illegal filesharing, warez, and bootlegs.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 pm

I know for a fact that this site has actually HELPED me buy most of the songs and animes used in ediitng. I've bought: Chobits, Angelic Layer, Chrono Crusade, Azumanga Daioh, Voices of a Distant Star, Ah! My Goddess, and Fruits Basket just from the videos I've seen on this site. I've bought all of April Sixth's albums. I agree that one day this place will indeed die. I hope not for a while. This place was a crutch for me when my other forum died after 3 years (enclave.net/forums). I also agree that this site needs to stay on the down-low, and not become just another you tube. I also think stricter guidelines on gore/sexual anime need to be done. But that's just what I think.

User avatar
sprueill
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: San Jose, California
Org Profile

Postby sprueill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:10 pm

downwithpants wrote:
sprueill wrote:right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?


purchase your anime and music sources and editing software legally. try to dissociate AMVs from illegal filesharing, warez, and bootlegs.


done and done...wait, what makes that different then what I am already doing?

*sits in corner and rethinks his life*
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj

МУАХАХА

[злой смех]

Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

User avatar
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:11 pm
Status: Bored to tears
Location: The Tokyo Settlement
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Gepetto » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:13 pm

downwithpants wrote:
sprueill wrote:right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?


purchase your anime and music sources and editing software legally. try to dissociate AMVs from illegal filesharing, warez, and bootlegs.


unfortunately that's only effective if everyone does it.

I've decided not to give a damn and to continue on making AMVs like I always have. If it comes down to the .org closing down, I won't be able to stop it., so what's the point of worrying about it? Just keep informed and roll by.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

User avatar
sprueill
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:43 pm
Location: San Jose, California
Org Profile

Postby sprueill » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:23 pm

code_chrono wrote:I also agree that this site needs to stay on the down-low, and not become just another you tube. I also think stricter guidelines on gore/sexual anime need to be done. But that's just what I think.


now I don't agree on the gore and sex opinon, we can download what we want and as long as there is some kind of warning or notice there should be no restriction.

but I do think that less publicity would save us faster
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj

МУАХАХА

[злой смех]

Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

User avatar
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 4:17 pm
Location: Some where in California, I forgot :\
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Pwolf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:58 pm

well, when ever this happens can i assume the mailing list will be back in full force like the good ol' days? :P


Pwolf
ImageImage
ImageImage
Like the AMV .Org App? Think about donating to help me make it better.

User avatar
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:11 pm
Status: Bored to tears
Location: The Tokyo Settlement
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Gepetto » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:27 am

Pwolf wrote:well, when ever this happens can i assume the mailing list will be back in full force like the good ol' days? :P


Pwolf


Holy Innocence, Batman!
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

User avatar
BauziOLD
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:16 am
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby BauziOLD » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:58 am

Music industry should be more worried about that fact:

OMG my country maybe becomes a paradise for all illegal p2p users. :shock: It is fucking amazing. If you have a flat rate in Austria, your IP-adress will NOT be saved. Dynamic IP-adresses are now seen as private data. So: It is against the rights to use them or spy you out. The provider will only save them if you had a exchange of money (like ot buy something via the net).
That is all a suggestion by the data-protection-agency.
I can´t read it out if this is activ now, or comeing up, but it seams like it is already up.


I copied it out of my journal entry. If more bigger countries for example the US start, that would be a behemoth problem for music industry and not this a-m-v.org
ImageImageImage
Image

User avatar
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:28 am
Status: out of service
Location: storrs, ct
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby downwithpants » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:09 am

Gepetto wrote:
downwithpants wrote:
sprueill wrote:right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?


purchase your anime and music sources and editing software legally. try to dissociate AMVs from illegal filesharing, warez, and bootlegs.


unfortunately that's only effective if everyone does it.

I've decided not to give a damn and to continue on making AMVs like I always have. If it comes down to the .org closing down, I won't be able to stop it., so what's the point of worrying about it? Just keep informed and roll by.

well the only way to convince people to do this is to convince them one at a time. your argument is like saying it's not worth voting for candidate x, because she needs 5,000 other votes to win.

Pwolf wrote:well, when ever this happens can i assume the mailing list will be back in full force like the good ol' days?

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/amv/
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x

a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

User avatar
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:11 pm
Status: Bored to tears
Location: The Tokyo Settlement
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Gepetto » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:17 pm

Gepetto wrote:unfortunately that's only effective if everyone does it.


Funny, it doesn't seem like I said I was against it, though. Neither did I say it was useless and we shouldn't do it. I simply noted that it is a low-efficiency method. I didn't even suggest alternatives, it was just a constatation.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Org Profile

Postby Voices_Of_Ryan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:22 am

Ah geez, you leave and the whole place falls apart.

I've actually been completely gone from the internet for the last... well, it's been quite a while. So i've actually only heard of Youtube on tv and the like. What I did not realize was that it was actually an open forum for public use.

That's just... Insane on so many levels.
I just can't belive that it's going this far.

Youtube seems to do to video on the net, What Myspace did to journals.

Corupting the core, to make it all seem like a bad idea and like anyone who tries [does] video sharing (be it large scale or small) is trying to "rebel" against the forces of the music companies.

So does this make us Livejournal?
A pretty decent journal comunitty whom surely is going to be pinned in the same catagory as Myspace, just because it uses the same basic princible of "Journalism"?

Hope not ><
"hey... no"

User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:47 pm
Status: Quo
Location: New Jersey
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Scintilla » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:10 am

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:So does this make us Livejournal?

No, because we haven't sold out and aren't courting corporations. :?

Now get the hell back here and start pitching scripts at me. :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

User avatar
Voices_Of_Ryan
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:55 pm
Location: Washington
Org Profile

Postby Voices_Of_Ryan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:59 am

Scintilla wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:So does this make us Livejournal?

No, because we haven't sold out and aren't courting corporations. :?

Now get the hell back here and start pitching scripts at me. :P


Who are we gonna court?
Disney : O!
"hey... no"


Return to “Site Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: johanandersen and 3 guests