A note about YouTube

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:31 pm

sprueill wrote:ok, I don't know much about law, well I do just not copyright law, so i don't have much to imput, at least nothing helpful, but I would just like to make my concern for this issue known and ask if there is anything we can do to save ourselves?
Start making your own music?

/me is still wondering just what the hell "b**** the f*** up" was supposed to mean.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm

can do!...wait that was a joke huh?

all joking aside this is a serious matter and I don't like how everyone is either taking up a negitive point of veiw or are just plain giving up. there must be something we can do, if only it is to somehow reduce publicity so they don't find us as fast. there must be something...

or I could just threaten the right people, my formula that disprooves all basic arithmitic can destory the world you know.
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Scintilla wrote: Start making your own music?
Or find artists who'd be understanding and benevolent towards this sort of thing. (There's probably more out there than people might initially think)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm

I'm sorry but I think its hilarious that when I say "AMV quality", people think I'm talking about resolution and compression.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF ART. WHAT ELSE WOULD I POSSIBLY BE TALKING ABOUT. THIS WARRANTS ALL CAPS.

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:45 pm

power to ya man.
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 pm

sprueill wrote: all joking aside this is a serious matter and I don't like how everyone is either taking up a negitive point of veiw or are just plain giving up. there must be something we can do
We should all just stop making AMVs. It would be more healthy for us all.

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:39 pm

^ I support this man's sentiments. Hobbies such as meth, WoW, and Liquor are much more likely to kill the average AMV editor.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Dookstar
Org Profile

Post by Dookstar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:40 pm

itll probably be like what happened with napster. NAPSTER was the big bad free ware downloading system that caught the public eye. 3 years pass it dies down, napster subsides and agrees to rights and MAKES people pay for downloads. with that spawned more and more freeware ie: limewire, bearware, etc...

si possibly it might be the end of this generation of amv downloads, but with it will probably spawn hundreds of new sites dedicated to the old ways, with one that will overcome. With a community like this, I could see iot being victorious.

in short, a-m-v.org may fallbut in its place may come a more stronger more efficient community, made by the community.... but better.

or we'll all just go to hell and rely on youtube and conventions for our fix .. -_-

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:46 pm

To be serious for a second...

One thing that strikes me as fascinating is how the current status quo seems to fear being marginalized by something like youtube.

Something similar kind of happened with the original online crowd when the online AMV growth exploded in 2001.

Dookstar
Org Profile

Post by Dookstar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:02 pm

like mentioned by Vlad, this community seems to be pretty close... no matter what happens - being shut down or limited to certain restrictions - people will always make amvs as long as theres a calling for it. this site was , for many people, a starting point in a new love, and with that people to share it with. NO ONE can tell you cant make amvs, if I recall amvs are made because you love to make them not to make a profit, not to be popular, its to do something you feel good about and maybe have people to share it with.

the end of a-m-v.org doesnt mean the end of amv's. a new breed will spawn and the process will start over

"wash rinse and repeat" everything comes goes and repeats in a new or redone idea. downloads stop. community lives. amvs will never die.

Return to “Site Announcements”