A note about YouTube

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:55 pm

right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:46 pm

Wouldn't out best defense be to stay in the shadows and keep from drawing attention to ourselves? I mean, that whole WindUP thing may never have happened if that person never mentioned this site to one of the artists. We are a big community, yes, but y**********b is all over the place. The news, the internet, even on G4's "Attack of the Show" on a near daily basis. How often are we on the front pages of Yahoo or MSN or even your local news websites?

I know the org will die one day, and that is fine. It had a long healthy life. Longer than any other website I've been associated with. Will that stop me from making AMVs? Nope. In fact, I may end up making more since I'll no longer have that little notion in the back of my mind that that I need to live up to the standards set by my predecessors and just do it for fun. Isn't that what this is all about? When we get tired of this stuff, we quite. It's just a hobby for most and the loss of one site will not hamper that.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 pm

sprueill wrote:right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?
purchase your anime and music sources and editing software legally. try to dissociate AMVs from illegal filesharing, warez, and bootlegs.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 pm

I know for a fact that this site has actually HELPED me buy most of the songs and animes used in ediitng. I've bought: Chobits, Angelic Layer, Chrono Crusade, Azumanga Daioh, Voices of a Distant Star, Ah! My Goddess, and Fruits Basket just from the videos I've seen on this site. I've bought all of April Sixth's albums. I agree that one day this place will indeed die. I hope not for a while. This place was a crutch for me when my other forum died after 3 years (enclave.net/forums). I also agree that this site needs to stay on the down-low, and not become just another you tube. I also think stricter guidelines on gore/sexual anime need to be done. But that's just what I think.

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:10 pm

downwithpants wrote:
sprueill wrote:right little defences. I mean what are some of the options we have? how could the normal "leech" help?
purchase your anime and music sources and editing software legally. try to dissociate AMVs from illegal filesharing, warez, and bootlegs.
done and done...wait, what makes that different then what I am already doing?

*sits in corner and rethinks his life*
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:13 pm

downwithpants wrote:
unfortunately that's only effective if everyone does it.

I've decided not to give a damn and to continue on making AMVs like I always have. If it comes down to the .org closing down, I won't be able to stop it., so what's the point of worrying about it? Just keep informed and roll by.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:23 pm

code_chrono wrote:I also agree that this site needs to stay on the down-low, and not become just another you tube. I also think stricter guidelines on gore/sexual anime need to be done. But that's just what I think.
now I don't agree on the gore and sex opinon, we can download what we want and as long as there is some kind of warning or notice there should be no restriction.

but I do think that less publicity would save us faster
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:58 pm

well, when ever this happens can i assume the mailing list will be back in full force like the good ol' days? :P

Pwolf

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:27 am

Pwolf wrote:well, when ever this happens can i assume the mailing list will be back in full force like the good ol' days? :P

Pwolf
Holy Innocence, Batman!
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:58 am

Music industry should be more worried about that fact:
OMG my country maybe becomes a paradise for all illegal p2p users. :shock: It is fucking amazing. If you have a flat rate in Austria, your IP-adress will NOT be saved. Dynamic IP-adresses are now seen as private data. So: It is against the rights to use them or spy you out. The provider will only save them if you had a exchange of money (like ot buy something via the net).
That is all a suggestion by the data-protection-agency.
I can´t read it out if this is activ now, or comeing up, but it seams like it is already up.
I copied it out of my journal entry. If more bigger countries for example the US start, that would be a behemoth problem for music industry and not this a-m-v.org
ImageImageImage

Return to “Site Announcements”