AnimeMusicVideos.org Email Accounts

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

AnimeMusicVideos.org Email Accounts

Post by Phade » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:52 am

Hey All,

I am pleased to announce AnimeMusicVideos.org is participating in the beta test of “Google Apps for Your Domain”. As part of this project, we have been given 5000 free accounts for our domain for us to hand out as we see fit. We hope that once the system is out of beta, we can provide more accounts.

To test this new service, members who have donated $1 or more to this site and whose username passes this MySQL regular expression:

Code: Select all

username regexp "^(([A-Za-z0-9!#$%&+/=?{|}][A-Za-z0-9!#$%&+/=?{|}\.]{0,63})|(\"[^(\\|\")]{0,62}\"))$" 
...have been chosen to test this service and now have an email account of [your username]@animemusicvideos.org! Lucky members with accounts have their default password is listed on the edit account profile page:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... rofile.php

To access your account, login here:

Email - http://mail.google.com/a/animemusicvideos.org/
Calendar - http://www.google.com/calendar/a/animemusicvideos.org/
Chat - http://www.google.com/talk/

Once you log in, you will have to change your email account password, so the default password listed on your or profile page will no longer work. Email account passwords are completely independent of your site password (unless you set them to be the same manually).

Here are the answers to (potentially) frequently asked questions about this new service:

Q: I donated $1 or more but my username doesn’t pass the test. Can I change my username so that it passes?

A: Not yet. This whole thing is a beta test on both our and Google’s part. Once we are all sure the system works and is useful to this site, then we will take requests to change invalid usernames.

Q: My username passes the test. Can I make a donation of $1 or more and get an email account?

A: Not yet. See previous answer...

Q: My username passes the test and I donated $1 or more but I don’t have an account. My donation seems to not have been recorded properly, thus knocking me out of getting an account. What can I do?

A: If you made the donation BEFORE today, please contact donations@animemusicvideos.org with your donation information (PayPal transaction info, check info, etc). The donations manager will confirm your information and arrange to have your account turned on.

Q: When will you add more users to this service?

A: Even with the restrictions we placed on handing out test accounts, nearly our entire quota of 5000 user accounts was used up. Whenever the service comes out of beta by Google or Google offers us more accounts, we will then consider adding more members to the service.

Q: But I don’t want an email account here. Do I have to keep it?

A: If you don’t want to keep your account, don’t log into the service. After some time (could be months), we will recycle unused accounts so that people who want one can have one.

Q: Is there a way for me to get an email account right now if I am willing to do anything (and I do mean ANYTHING... :wink:)?

A: There are plenty of things that I need done around the house. If you want to put in for some work, then we’ll talk. Hooray for chores! :-D

Hopefully this service will prove to be useful and desirable by you, the members of AnimeMusicVideos.org. Once the program is out of the beta stage, we hope to be able to add more members to the service.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:51 am

Thanks Phade.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:55 am

Yay for donator benefits!

Ximary
Org Profile

Post by Ximary » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:23 am

wow thanks

SonKitty
Org Profile

Post by SonKitty » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:31 am

Sounds pretty cool, thanks.

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:32 am

Nifty. :)

kb39295
Org Profile

Post by kb39295 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:38 am

sweet, i gots me one ^_^

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:47 am

Janzki wrote:Yay for donator benefits!
Hooray... wait, it doesn't work for me. :cry: I'll assume that 'M' is past the 5k limit.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

valentine
Org Profile

Post by valentine » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:49 am

Nice, I'll try it out. Thanks :D

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks! I now have this weird air of legitimacy...
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

Return to “Site Announcements”