Research Survey

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Re: Research Survey

Postby Shui » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm

I only get 404s :sweat:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)
User avatar
Shui
Shuitcake
 
Joined: 02 Jul 2006

Re: Research Survey

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Shui wrote:I only get 404s :sweat:

The links were valid 27 months ago when the thread was started.
User avatar
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2004
Location: Merrimack, NH
Status: Extreeeeeeeeeme

Re: Research Survey

Postby Knowname » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:28 pm

godix wrote:I heard about this today from the local hosts for talk radio although until just now I didn't realize they were talking about the same thing that was on the org. I do recall the whole thing came off as a joke, especially the line that went something like kids are learning valuable skills because they make myspace pages and post on forums. Oh yeah, there's something to put on the old resume.

"Hey everyone, this person posts on myspace! That's some valuable skills! You're hired. Here's your hairnet and remember, we don't use the term 'super size' anymore. Not since that movie of that name."


sorry but I like to bash Godix whenever I can (doesn't everybody??) while sites like Livejournal and Myspace don't belong on (traditional) resumes it is a conduit for social gatherings, or a way to get that contact you need. No boss wants the dorky whole-in-the-wall worker running their company, it's like applications for college, they aren't just interested in your grades, they want an outgoing dork!

If your in an interview for a job high enough that it is of any relevance, you might put it on your business card. You could say the same thing about email back in the day. Nobody wants to see your punk-ass poop stain website if all you do is cater to the fanboy crowd.
If you do not think so... you will DIE
User avatar
Knowname
 
Joined: 16 Nov 2002
Location: Sanity, USA (on the edge... very edge)
Status: Indubitably

Re: Research Survey

Postby Gepetto » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Knowname wrote:
godix wrote:I heard about this today from the local hosts for talk radio although until just now I didn't realize they were talking about the same thing that was on the org. I do recall the whole thing came off as a joke, especially the line that went something like kids are learning valuable skills because they make myspace pages and post on forums. Oh yeah, there's something to put on the old resume.

"Hey everyone, this person posts on myspace! That's some valuable skills! You're hired. Here's your hairnet and remember, we don't use the term 'super size' anymore. Not since that movie of that name."


sorry but I like to bash Godix whenever I can (doesn't everybody??) while sites like Livejournal and Myspace don't belong on (traditional) resumes it is a conduit for social gatherings, or a way to get that contact you need. No boss wants the dorky whole-in-the-wall worker running their company, it's like applications for college, they aren't just interested in your grades, they want an outgoing dork!

If your in an interview for a job high enough that it is of any relevance, you might put it on your business card. You could say the same thing about email back in the day. Nobody wants to see your punk-ass poop stain website if all you do is cater to the fanboy crowd.


Far from me to have any reason to defend godix, but I'm with her on this one. Being on Myspace may prove that you're less likely to be a social outcast (maybe), just like wet streets may prove that it rained. But the wet street didn't cause the rain, and having a Myspace page certainly didn't teach anyone whatever social skills people think they have these days, even if they do have them.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
User avatar
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Location: The Tokyo Settlement
Status: Bored to tears

Re: Research Survey

Postby Scintilla » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Gepetto wrote:Far from me to have any reason to defend godix, but I'm with her on this one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:
User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Status: Quo

Re: Research Survey

Postby Gepetto » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:52 am

Glad to see wasn't too subtle this time ;)
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile
User avatar
Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
 
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Location: The Tokyo Settlement
Status: Bored to tears

Previous

Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests